PDA

View Full Version : Duke Senior Managers Need Your Help!

Lauty Da
03-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

The two finest student managers in the country, Duke's own Pat Thompson and Sarah Helfer, are up for an award being presented this year by UPS.

Please check out the video and vote for them (the voting is done through Facebook "likes"): http://ups.promo.eprize.com/madness/video.html?video=4

Thank you,
Chris Lauten
Former Duke Student Manager, c/o 2008

PS: If this can get on the front page as a a "Poll Skewin" page, it would be appreciated!!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-14-2011, 02:01 PM
This is a poll which needs our attention and votes. The Duke managers are the best! And so is their video. At the moment, the Hall is pulling in more votes. We can't let Duke fall to them again.

Please vote! :cool:

cruxer
03-14-2011, 02:24 PM
They can only win if they send someone to take Sarah out at the knees on a dunk attempt.

-c

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-14-2011, 05:44 PM
How can Seton Hall muster so many votes? We are Duke! We've got the best managers!

Please use all your browser capabilities and vote as much as you can.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-14-2011, 07:31 PM
The Seton Hall manager has 1K votes and currently leads by less than 100. The gap is closing.

Vote as many times as you can! If you voted at work, now vote at home using all the different browsers you have access to. :cool:

umdukie
03-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, I'm a Duke senior and two of my friends Pat and Sarah are managers of the Duke Mens Basketball team and they need our help in winning $10,000 for the school's general scholarship fund!!

http://ups.promo.eprize.com/madness/video.html?video=4

Basically click on the link above and listen to Pat and Sarah's inspiring story about working with each other and helping manage our basketball team and then click the Facebook "Like" icon under the video. Currently Duke's managers are neck and neck with the Seton Hall Basketball team manager so they need all the help they can get from the Duke Nation. Remember, the winning managers get a $10,000 prize for their school's scholarship fund so you can support Duke Basketball and help the administration make a Duke education affordable for future generations!

Go Blue Devils!!!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm a Duke senior and two of my friends Pat and Sarah are managers of the Duke Mens Basketball team and they need our help in winning $10,000 for the school's general scholarship fund!!

http://ups.promo.eprize.com/madness/video.html?video=4

Basically click on the link above and listen to Pat and Sarah's inspiring story about working with each other and helping manage our basketball team and then click the Facebook "Like" icon under the video. Currently Duke's managers are neck and neck with the Seton Hall Basketball team manager so they need all the help they can get from the Duke Nation. Remember, the winning managers get a $10,000 prize for their school's scholarship fund so you can support Duke Basketball and help the administration make a Duke education affordable for future generations!

Go Blue Devils!!!

Amen! Only 30 votes needed to tie the manager from Seton Hall. Don't forget to vote with each of your browsers. Voting continues through tomorrow, so if you didn't vote on your computer at work, please do so.

When you vote, a link goes to your Facebook page, so you can encourage your friends to vote as well.

weezie
03-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Amen! Only 30 votes needed to tie the manager from Seton Hall. Don't forget to vote with each of your browsers. Voting continues through tomorrow, so if you didn't vote on your computer at work, please do so.

When you vote, a link goes to your Facebook page, so you can encourage your friends to vote as well.

Wow, two fine young people! I've got tears in my eyes!
Gosh, I am a weeping machine....

juise
03-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Voted! Bump! Skew it, people.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
The Seton Hall manager is up to 2K votes. Our managers are now behind again. Not only are they very deserving and want to bring home a contribution to the general scholarship fund, it's important not to let Seton Hall win this one.

I've voted as many times as allowed. If you haven't voted yet, please do so today. This is the last day to vote. Using different browsers allows you to vote multiple times. You may even be able to vote multiple times from different computers.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Let's bump this thread up to the top again.

The Duke managers are tied with the guy from the Hall. Today is the last day to vote. You can vote multiple times by using a different browser for each vote. You may be able to increase the number of times you can vote by using a different computer as well.

The $10K prize added to the general scholarship fund would be a fitting way to honor our managers.

devil84
03-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Vote for our managers! They are SO deserving! Watch the video, too...you'll appreciate managers even more after you see it.

I was trying to figure out how to vote multiple times, and it appears there's only one vote per person. You need a facebook account and once you "like" their video, you've voted. The rules specifically state:
There is a limit of one “like” vote per voter per video during the Voting Period. Multiple voters are not permitted to share the same email address.Any attempt to stuff the ballot box may disqualify your votes. Note that if you keep clicking on Like, it will simply toggle whether you like it.

Here's the voting period:
The four (4) videos will be posted on www.Facebook.com/theupsstore (http://www.Facebook.com/theupsstore) for voting beginning on or about March 14, 2011 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") until April 15, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Voting Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Voting Period. So we've got another month to beg, cajole, and harass our friends into voting. The winner will be announced Monday, April 18.

The winners (hopefully Pat and Sarah) will get $10,000, and the other three will get $5,000. PLEASE use your vast social networks to get Pat and Sarah as many votes as possible between now and April 15!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Vote for our managers! They are SO deserving! Watch the video, too...you'll appreciate managers even more after you see it.

I was trying to figure out how to vote multiple times, and it appears there's only one vote per person. You need a facebook account and once you "like" their video, you've voted. The rules specifically state: Any attempt to stuff the ballot box may disqualify your votes. Note that if you keep clicking on Like, it will simply toggle whether you like it.

Here's the voting period: So we've got another month to beg, cajole, and harass our friends into voting. The winner will be announced Monday, April 18.

The winners (hopefully Pat and Sarah) will get $10,000, and the other three will get $5,000. PLEASE use your vast social networks to get Pat and Sarah as many votes as possible between now and April 15!

Open a new browser each time you want to vote. Paste this in the space for the web address:http://ups.promo.eprize.com/madness/video.html?video=4. You can safely vote one time per browser.

devil84
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Looking at some of the technical programming documentation for facebook, it looks like the "like" vote is tied to your facebook account. Each facebook user can "like" a link once. It puts a note on your profile that others can see, and you (and others) can "like" that. It looks like both "likes" may count.

Post the link in your status to encourage your friends to vote -- that may tally another vote. That will also show up on your profile and you get to "like" that, too, potentially adding another vote.

Now send a message to all your friends with the URL in it to encourage your friends to "like" the video and "like" all the links on your page. The message and each like may count as a vote. Each "like" will also put notices on their page, which you can then "like" those links.

From what I'm reading in the developer's toolbox, each of these "likes" and URL references in statuses (stati?) and messages will count as a vote. That can potentially be a lot of votes.

However, the rules are very clear that there's one vote per email address.

Are there any developers out there than can confirm/deny/clarify this?

towerview road
03-15-2011, 11:49 PM
As a side note -- if you're curious why Seton Hall's video is so strongly "liked," you should watch it. I voted for Pat & Sarah (loved the vid!) but Seton Hall's manager also has a compelling story -- he has cerebral palsy and it's a great story of overcoming challenges to really shine. If I could vote for #2, it'd be him.