PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Comments by Steve Kerr

gw67
06-30-2007, 09:15 AM
The Sun has a short article on D. J. Strawberry this morning. He was chosen late in the 2nd round and the article quotes Steve Kerr as appreciating the experienced college players (The Suns drafted Tucker of Wisconsin in the 1st round). Given Suns' draft position, I think that Kerr is probably right. IMO, they are looking for players to play roles and the more experienced players should be capable of adjusting to the rigors of the 24 second game.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/basketball/bal-sp.strawberry30jun30,0,6013649.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines

gw67

dukerev
06-30-2007, 09:41 AM
I think Kerr is "on to something" (gee, you think experienced college players who have displayed some skills but more importantly have shown they know how to win by playing team basketball might be good basketball players?) by drafting upperclassmen, particularly late in the 1st round and in the 2nd. However, as a Suns fan (as much as I can stomach the NBA, the Suns play an exciting brand of basketball), Kerr, like D'Antoni before him, traded away yet another 1st round pick, the fourth in four years for CASH! Rudy Fernandez would be great in the Suns system, but he netted the Suns about 3 million bucks, not another player. Stop trading draft picks for cash, Suns! It does not engender good feelings amongst your fan base!

DukeDude
06-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Do these cash transactions count against the salary cap, or is Paul Allen Steinbrennering the NBA? And why isn't Mark Cuban involved?

thebur
07-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Aparrently the Suns are looking into getting their hands on Grant as well. Any word from our resident NBA insiders on any coming transactions?

Mcluhan
07-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Aparrently the Suns are looking into getting their hands on Grant as well. Any word from our resident NBA insiders on any coming transactions?

After all Grant's been through, when you watch him he is still the smoothest player in the league. He could excel in Phoenix.

Clipsfan
07-02-2007, 06:18 PM

Hill is a free agent, I think, so it wouldn't be anything other than a simlpe signing. Supposedly the better teams (Spurs and Suns) have offered him the minimum ($1.2MM) while other teams (Detroit, Orlando) who can't offer a ring are offering more money. His agent said he would probably follow a ring rather than the money, so Spurs or Suns is a likely destination.

Mcluhan
07-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Hill is a free agent, I think, so it wouldn't be anything other than a simlpe signing. Supposedly the better teams (Spurs and Suns) have offered him the minimum ($1.2MM) while other teams (Detroit, Orlando) who can't offer a ring are offering more money. His agent said he would probably follow a ring rather than the money, so Spurs or Suns is a likely destination.

Yeah, you gotta think that at this point a chance at the Finals is worth a lot more than a couple extra million.

And although it was completely out of his hands, the fact that he got a max contract and then proceeded to miss most of four seasons might weigh a bit on his karma. Again, Grant's conscience should be clearer than most, but if anything would drive home the fortunate position of the professional athlete, Grant's experience with the Magic should.

And both Grant and the Magic front office have been so respectful and kindhearted about the whole thing. Props to all involved.