PDA

View Full Version : Four Auburn Football players arrested for serious felonies

4decadedukie
03-12-2011, 07:25 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6206921

ESPN reports that four Auburn football players have been arrested for entering a private home, stealing property, and displaying a handgun during the alleged crimes; they were quickly arrested, are currently incarcerated (each requiring $500,000+ bail), the firearm was recovered from their automobile, and they have been expelled from Auburn's team. This appears to be a serious situation, especially because a handgun was used during the burglary.

devildeac
03-12-2011, 07:38 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6206921

ESPN reports that four Auburn football players have been arrested for entering a private home, stealing property, and displaying a handgun during the alleged crimes; they were quickly arrested, are currently incarcerated (each requiring $500,000+ bail), the firearm was recovered from their automobile, and they have been expelled from Auburn's team. This appears to be a serious situation, especially because a handgun was used during the burglary.

Wonder when the ncaa will clear them to play this year?:rolleyes:

DevilWearsPrada
03-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Well Bust my Buttons! Will those felonies get swept under the rug, since they are SEC football?

What are these student athletes thinking? Are they having a stupid day? Or have they been drinking TIGER BLOOD FROM CHARLIE SHEEN? Or think they have Charlie Sheen ADONIS DNA?

Do college athletes think they are ABOVE the LAW?

Bob Green
03-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Well Bust my Buttons! Will those felonies get swept under the rug, since they are SEC football?

No! Auburn has already kicked the four players off the team. These young men are in serious trouble.

moonpie23
03-12-2011, 08:42 AM
No! Auburn has already kicked the four players off the team. These young men are in serious trouble.

by that you mean, they'll be reinstated today? (jk)....:rolleyes:

killerleft
03-12-2011, 10:19 AM
by that you mean, they'll be reinstated today? (jk)....:rolleyes:

Their daddies planned the heist, so they'll be okay.:o

#1Duke
03-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Their daddies planned the heist, so they'll be okay.:o

LOL!! Nice, love your wit!!

On a more serious note, many college athletes today are little more than thugs and wouldn't even be enrolled in college if it wasn't for sports programs.

4decadedukie
03-12-2011, 10:45 AM
LOL!! Nice, love your wit!!

On a more serious note, many college athletes today are little more than thugs and wouldn't even be enrolled in college if it wasn't for sports programs.

. . . which rather begs the question, why are they matriculated, since fundamentally undergraduate school is about scholarship . . .

#1Duke
03-12-2011, 11:29 AM
. . . which rather begs the question, why are they matriculated, since fundamentally undergraduate school is about scholarship . . .

Because of the money/dollars involved that sports programs bring to schools.... period end of story. All about the Benjamins.

This has always been a pet peeve of mine.
If they can't cut it academically, they should not be enrolled in the school and taking a spot that a serious student could have.
Thugs have no place in the classroom and should not have the chance to bring shame or bad press to a school.

Which leads me to say.... that IF this is the way schools are going to run their programs, they should PAY the athletes ( I mean in the open ) and/or offer them a full ride AFTER they are finished with their respective sports or some sort of combination of the two.
They should not be part of the student body and counted in the student population.
For most programs ( not all ) the student athlete is a farce.

Making "Academic Exceptions" for sports programs is a slap in the face for the many students that work hard and EARN a spot at a school.
These thugs just use college to try and get a professional career and the schools just use them to make money.

I have been saying for years that the system should be changed.
I love college sports but think we should just pay the athletes and stop the charade and stop counting the thugs in the student body and give the spots they take to hard working serious students.