PDA

View Full Version : Andre on the mend ???

hurley1
03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Andre look much improved, and significantly more confident......man, i love his shot.....an absolute thing of beauty......if he keeps this up for a few days, look out....he might be getting hot at just the right time......i like what i saw, i know that...

oldnavy
03-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Andre look much improved, and significantly more confident......man, i love his shot.....an absolute thing of beauty......if he keeps this up for a few days, look out....he might be getting hot at just the right time......i like what i saw, i know that...

Agree, not only his shot but he had a power basket with an and one too! He looked good, so hopefully he is getting his head together (I think that is all it has been) and will be a major factor down the stretch.

4decadedukie
03-12-2011, 07:04 AM
I agree with the two prior posts and would add he did this in a game with considerable pressure, when it really counted.

DevilWearsPrada
03-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Andre had a beautiful game last night, when it really counted!! He is still young! 19 And to see his younger siblings, cheering him on! All 3 are under the age of 10!

Andre hit big shots! And it was so good, to see such a well balanced Duke team, for a refreshing change! Great job guys!

Lets Go Duke!

cptnflash
03-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Body language was much better. Defense, not so much.

Channing
03-12-2011, 10:59 AM
not only did Andre have a great game, he had a 3 all the way down that came back out. His defense may not be top notch yet, but he is putting in the effort. When he and Seth are both in the game, I think our offense becomes much more dynamic.

I'd also like to point out (although this may be the wrong thread) that Mason is developing a real knack for finding open shooters out of the post. Showing that when we run an offense through the post we can really get some good looks.

basket1544
03-12-2011, 11:06 AM
I wonder if Andre plays better with Seth because they were the blue team backcourt all of last year. Andre seemed much more relaxed yesterday. His instincts are great, he just needs to use them.

Andy7207
03-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Body language was much better. Defense, not so much.

I actually thought his defense was okay. He stopped one drive to the basket that resulted in an airballed shot. He also denied his target the ball around the perimeter pretty well; I think he tipped a pass that almost got stolen by Seth. I remember he got caught up bad on some screens, but he would crash the boards afterwards. Overall, not too shabby.

Matches
03-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah, he wasn't a plus defender but he wasn't a liability either. Nice game for Dre.

Glad to hear K say that he has been practicing well too. It's nice to hear he's kept working hard despite his slump. Hopefully he's breaking out.

AsiaMinor
03-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I can't help it, I just love Andre. Agree with all you posters that he looked much better last night. Key to me is how he acts in the huddle during time outs. Couple weeks ago he hung around on the outside almost apologetic. Last night he participated. Fingers crossed he's on his way to reaching his potential. Go Duke.

NSDukeFan
03-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, he wasn't a plus defender but he wasn't a liability either. Nice game for Dre.

Glad to hear K say that he has been practicing well too. It's nice to hear he's kept working hard despite his slump. Hopefully he's breaking out.

I was also very happy to hear that remark as well. I have been encouraged by the production of Andre, Miles and Ryan lately. The team needs solid contributions from these three to have a good post-season run.

MCFinARL
03-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I actually thought his defense was okay. He stopped one drive to the basket that resulted in an airballed shot. He also denied his target the ball around the perimeter pretty well; I think he tipped a pass that almost got stolen by Seth. I remember he got caught up bad on some screens, but he would crash the boards afterwards. Overall, not too shabby.

I agree. I thought he was hustling, trying and usually succeeding to stay in front of his man, and overall pretty good on defense.

hurley1
03-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Andre hit some more big shots today......i never question Coach K ( I PREFERR NOT TO LOOK LIKE A FOOL ), but, I would love to see Andre get more minutes......i believe he would light it up if he did.....

Indoor66
03-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Andre hit some more big shots today......i never question Coach K ( I PREFERR NOT TO LOOK LIKE A FOOL ), but, I would love to see Andre get more minutes......i believe he would light it up if he did.....

I think K stirred the talent pot just right today. I'll take his minute breakdowns.

MCFinARL
03-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Yes, this game reminded me of the Baylor game last year when Andre hit those two beautiful threes at the end of the first half to keep us in the game and then rode the pines for the whole second half. Happily, the rest of the game did not mind me of the Baylor game, which was a little too close for comfort.

RoyalBlue08
03-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I think K stirred the talent pot just right today. I'll take his minute breakdowns.

I'm not sure why anyone would care what I think but I agree. If I was in charge, the rotation we have used the past few games would be the one that I would go with.

dukestheheat
03-13-2011, 04:12 PM
He played WELL and he's a crucial member of the team! His play is going to be huge going into the NCAAs and I feel that he's going to represent us very well! Great job Andre!

dth.

Faustus
03-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Welcome back, Andre. Excellent tournament. I'm not in the least surprised.

sporthenry
03-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I guess it is a bit of splitting hairs, but I'd like to see him get up to 15-18 minutes. I think his defense kind of reminds me a bit of JJ in the NBA. Not the most athletic, but when he gets out there, he is giving it 100%. He'll chase anyone around, he might get beat on the dribble which causes him to get some fouls but I see some more fire in him especially after the ball off the head.

MChambers
03-13-2011, 04:35 PM
I guess it is a bit of splitting hairs, but I'd like to see him get up to 15-18 minutes. I think his defense kind of reminds me a bit of JJ in the NBA. Not the most athletic, but when he gets out there, he is giving it 100%. He'll chase anyone around, he might get beat on the dribble which causes him to get some fouls but I see some more fire in him especially after the ball off the head.

I thought Andre played fairly good defense today, although there was a switch he missed in the first half, where he allowed a UNC guard to drive the lane uncontested. And he and Mason have that one play down cold, where Mason drives the lane and passes to Andre camped out for the three. I'm sure if he keeps practicing well, he'll get minutes.

Bob Green
03-13-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm sure if he keeps practicing well, he'll get minutes.

I agree and if he keeps shooting 75% on 3s it won't hurt. :D

DukieInBrasil
03-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I agree and if he keeps shooting 75% on 3s it won't hurt. :D

Despite fouling out yesterday (on a bogus call which should have been an and-1 for Andre) he played with more purpose and poise than in his recent struggles. Overall I'd say the ACCT was good for Andre.

devildeac
03-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Nice to see his improving contributions in the ACCT and K's comments/confidence in him. I guess Andre got tired of Miles' leftover Milkbones:rolleyes:;).

ACniner
03-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Good read about Dawkins. I loved seeing him get some of swagger back over the past few games, hope it carries over.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/21/2162267/dawkins-finds-his-shooting-touch.html

OZ
03-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Good read about Dawkins. I loved seeing him get some of swagger back over the past few games, hope it carries over.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/21/2162267/dawkins-finds-his-shooting-touch.html

That article, in today's "Charlotte Observer" has a great picture of Dre walking off the court Sunday, in a loving headlock, from the Nate Dog himself.

ACniner
03-22-2011, 06:08 PM
That article, in today's "Charlotte Observer" has a great picture of Dre walking off the court Sunday, in a loving headlock, from the Nate Dog himself.

I was glad to see and read this. I was sitting extremely close at the Georgia Tech game, and I heard what Nate and K had to say to Dre in that game. Needless to say, it can't be repeated here.