PDA

View Full Version : Big Win for Men's LAX

MCFinARL
03-11-2011, 09:24 PM
While watching the BBall game, I monitored Duke vs. Loyola on live stats--Duke beat #10 Loyola 14-9, after leading by even more earlier. On top of the narrow victory over Maryland, this is an important win. Looks like Duke is coming back smartly after a difficult start.

burnspbesq
03-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Jordan Wolf, who scored to OT game-winner against the Turtles last week, had a hat trick against Loyola - in the first quarter.

MCFinARL
03-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Jordan Wolf, who scored to OT game-winner against the Turtles last week, had a hat trick against Loyola - in the first quarter.

Yes--he seems to be catching on the college game quickly--hope it continues!

4decadedukie
03-12-2011, 09:35 AM
I agree re Loyola. It is also interested that Duke student-athletes won last week's offensive and defensive "Player of the Week" awards.

gpokmd
03-12-2011, 09:38 AM
as in "following the game on "live stats"" as above ? i've had trouble as a Lax fan finding a good website with live lax scores, especially a mobile site for a smartphone. thanx to any and all who can help !

DukieInKansas
03-12-2011, 10:20 AM
In the past, I've followed via: http://games.insidelacrosse.com/scoreboard/2011/DI

I'm not sure others use.

MCFinARL
03-12-2011, 10:31 AM
as in "following the game on "live stats"" as above ? i've had trouble as a Lax fan finding a good website with live lax scores, especially a mobile site for a smartphone. thanx to any and all who can help !

If you go to www.goduke.com and follow the link to men's lacrosse and then the link to Schedule/results, under the Media column for each game you will see a little symbol like a square on top of another square with a 1 in it. If you click on this it will take you to Live Stats, which will give you score and play updates and a kind of rough animated diagram of what is going on. This will work for just about all home games and some away games; it's also available for other sports.

I haven't tried this on a smartphone, though, just on a laptop--so I don't know how well it will work there.

If you want to pay the premium fees at goduke.com, you can see most home lacrosse games on live video also, but the in-game stats are free.

Also, many other teams offer a similar live stats feature for their games that you can access through their athletics websites.