PDA

View Full Version : SJU loses a key player

Channing
03-11-2011, 08:46 AM
DJ Kennedy, SJU's third leading scorer and leading rebounder, is out indefinitely with a torn ACL. Feel horrible for the kid who had to spend three years helping build this team up to where it is now. Hope he has a full recovery.

Rich
03-11-2011, 09:35 AM
DJ Kennedy, SJU's third leading scorer and leading rebounder, is out indefinitely with a torn ACL. Feel horrible for the kid who had to spend three years helping build this team up to where it is now. Hope he has a full recovery.

I read your post and don't disagree, although I don't know much about DJ Kennedy other than watching some St. John's games this year. I don't wish that on any kid. But I wonder whether anyone outside of "Duke Nation" had the same sentiments about Kyrie. If anyone "hoped for a full recovery," particularly this year. I bet most are snickering about his injury and feel Duke (although perhaps not Kyrie), deserved it.

Channing
03-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I read your post and don't disagree, although I don't know much about DJ Kennedy other than watching some St. John's games this year. I don't wish that on any kid. But I wonder whether anyone outside of "Duke Nation" had the same sentiments about Kyrie. If anyone "hoped for a full recovery," particularly this year. I bet most are snickering about his injury and feel Duke (although perhaps not Kyrie), deserved it.

I think thats an extremely over broad statement. While fans may think there is some sort of warped or karmic justice for Duke to lose a key player, I think you would be hard pressed to find fans of any team that truly wish harm on another player.

Smitty1911
03-11-2011, 10:27 AM

Should've stopped this post at "kid." Don't lower yourself to the sentiments of bitter people. Tough way to end your college career. Best of luck on a full recovery.

NovaScotian
03-11-2011, 10:31 AM

I thought this thread was going to about the refs who blew that end of game call not doing any more big east tournament games.

Rich
03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I think thats an extremely over broad statement. While fans may think there is some sort of warped or karmic justice for Duke to lose a key player, I think you would be hard pressed to find fans of any team that truly wish harm on another player.

I agree with you, which is why I wrote that I bet most are snickering about his injury and feel Duke (although perhaps not Kyrie), deserved it. You can't tell me that the majority of those who don't root for Duke weren't pleased to see us without Kyrie, if nothing else than because it brought us back to the pack and gave us less of a chance to with another championship.

Rich
03-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Should've stopped this post at "kid." Don't lower yourself to the sentiments of bitter people. Tough way to end your college career. Best of luck on a full recovery.

You misunderstood my intent. I do feel for the kid, but I wonder if (question whether) others feel the same sentiment for Kyrie since he plays for the Blue Devils.

Smitty1911
03-11-2011, 11:37 AM
You misunderstood my intent. I do feel for the kid, but I wonder if (question whether) others feel the same sentiment for Kyrie since he plays for the Blue Devils.

I hear you. I just think that people who rationalize positives from injuries are jerks and not worth our time. And yes, I see the irony in me spending time in this discussion.

It's game-day... Let's Go Duke!!

dcdrumsinc
03-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Actually, i went on IC and even they all said "get well kyrie" but from what i've seen it all goes down to the fact they want to see the guy in the nba. sure, he goes to duke, but everyone wants to see kyrie tear it up in the nba. ur right tho, i am sure many did not want him to return to Duke. it would be different if it was kyle who went down with the injury. no one outside duke likes singler. even those who hate duke loved kyrie.