PDA

View Full Version : Whither Jumbo???

tommy
03-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Jumbo - are you out there? Phone home.

We know you posted before the season started that you'd be really busy all year and wouldn't have much time to post. But the entire season has gone by and unless I missed it, I haven't seen even one from you.

Now is the time! There are lots of interesting posters on these boards, and a few with special knowledge and access to the program (who have been great all year), but we gotta have you back in the mix big fella with your knowledge and inimitable style. Maybe just one, whether it be your evaluation of the year and/or the individual players so far, how you assess the outlook going forward, what you'll be looking for, etc. You've gotta be watching, right?

We can't stand another minute of navel pondering about the true state of Kyrie Irving's toe. We need you with some real analysis of this team. Jumbo, come home!

jdc75
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Jumbo - are you out there? Phone home.

We know you posted before the season started that you'd be really busy all year and wouldn't have much time to post. But the entire season has gone by and unless I missed it, I haven't seen even one from you.

Now is the time! There are lots of interesting posters on these boards, and a few with special knowledge and access to the program (who have been great all year), but we gotta have you back in the mix big fella with your knowledge and inimitable style. Maybe just one, whether it be your evaluation of the year and/or the individual players so far, how you assess the outlook going forward, what you'll be looking for, etc. You've gotta be watching, right?

We can't stand another minute of navel pondering about the true state of Kyrie Irving's toe. We need you with some real analysis of this team. Jumbo, come home!

Yes. Please...

jv001
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
I hope everything is ok Jumbo and I wish you well. I certainly miss your level headed posts and comments. With the recent fallout we could use the Jumbo. Go Duke!

yancem
03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Agreed all accounts of what the others have said. If you are out there and everything is ok in your universe, your insight would be most welcome!

obsesseddukefan
03-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Couldn't agree more. I have done more reading than posting during this season, and while I enjoy reading the insights of others, I miss Jumbos posts. Hope you can find a few minutes in your busy day to give us our fix.. :D

DukeDevilDeb
03-09-2011, 09:48 PM
on Jumbo's member page, you will see that his last visit to DBR was

02-12-2011 09:45 PM

Not much likelihood of his seeing this thread tonight!

MulletMan
03-10-2011, 08:16 AM
To those who worry, Jumbo is perfectly fine, other than not posting as often on DBR. He's well! Don't cry for Jumbo, DBR!

X-Man
03-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Jumbo pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Indoor66
03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Jumbo pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Link? LOL

Devil07
03-10-2011, 01:51 PM

But is his toe ok?? Enough with this gamesmanship, tell us the truth!

gus
03-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Link? LOL

here's a link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q7FFjUpVLg).

dukee94
03-10-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that he has been cleared to post and has been practicing posting for the last two weeks once he got the boot off his right thumb. He is expected to suit up and have a laptop ready for the ACC final. Wait, who am I talking about?

Tom B.
03-11-2011, 01:46 PM

Quick -- name that actress, and the role that she was later the first person to play, but that was subsequently made much more famous by a different actress.

She also has a Duke connection. What is it?

dukee94
03-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Quick -- name that actress, and the role that she was later the first person to play, but that was subsequently made much more famous by a different actress.

She also has a Duke connection. What is it?

Kristy Swanson, Buffy, The Program.