PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood couldn't write this scenario.

wgl1228
03-07-2011, 08:28 PM
If my math is correct and Duke wins out in the ACC and NCAA tournaments, Coach K will tie Knight in the National Semifinal and pass him with a National Championship. Can't a Duke fan dream?

Cameron
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
It certainly would be better than Toy Story 3. Killer Clowns From Outerspace, however, is another story.

hurleyfor3
03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
You're a win low.

Knight has 902 wins, K is sitting on 895. So if Duke wins the ACC Championship, K
would tie knight by reaching the Final Four, and surpass knight by reaching the championship game.

Chris Randolph
03-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I've been thinking about this subject for a couple of weeks. One thing I fear is that the team puts more pressure on themselves to win the game to tie the record and/or break the record. Could be a negative in the long run but I'd love to be in the position to see how we handle that pressure :)

wgl1228
03-07-2011, 08:46 PM
If my math is correct and Duke wins out in the ACC and NCAA tournaments, Coach K will tie Knight in the National Semifinal and pass him with a National Championship. Can't a Duke fan dream?

My math was wrong but still would be incredible.

Jarhead
03-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Any loss from here through the two tourneys, and we'll just have to wait until next year. Sorry for that.

pfrduke
03-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Any loss from here through the two tourneys, and we'll just have to wait until next year. Sorry for that.

Nope - we could lose in the ACCT and win the title, and that would be 903. Similarly, we could win the ACCT and lose in the championship game, and he would have 903.

In any event, looking ahead at this time of the year to potential results in championship games always strikes me as bad karma. I'd rather focus my good energy (for whatever infinitesimally minimal value it has) on Friday's game.