PDA

View Full Version : Today's Coach K Press Conference

watzone
03-07-2011, 05:43 PM
For those interesed in what he had to say, here is a link to video - http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/03/coach-k-pre-acc-tournament-interview/

Didn't know where to link this, maybe an ACC Tournament talk thread?

ACniner
03-07-2011, 07:19 PM
I really liked the focus Coach K used in explaining the mentality of his staff in regards to the regular season vs. the tournaments coming up. I like how he says you have to put the regular season in the bank, and see what kind of interest it draws. As fans, I know we tend to focus and worry ourselves over the losses. We need to look at games like Chapel Hill as something we learn and grow from, in order to use it positively in the NCAAs and ACC tournament. He points out that it's a clean slate for everyone, and he discusses Kyle Singler's "body of work." I think it's a good time to view Singler has 0-0 from the field, and instead remember his body of work at Duke for 3 years. Don't you think the odds are pretty good a player with this body of work produces in March?

Dr. Tina
03-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Watzone...

I cannot get the links to K's press conference to work to me. I go to the webpage and it's a blank box for both parts 1 and 2. Is there any way to fix this or get a transcript of what he said?

Bob Green
03-07-2011, 08:04 PM
I go to the webpage and it's a blank box for both parts 1 and 2.

It sounds like you need to update the version of Adobe flash player on your computer or some other nerdy computer geek thing. The videos work fine for me on two different browsers.

lotusland
03-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Watzone...

I cannot get the links to K's press conference to work to me. I go to the webpage and it's a blank box for both parts 1 and 2. Is there any way to fix this or get a transcript of what he said?

He said that after studying an unamed website he has decided to bench Ryan in favor of Dawkins, terminate Kyle's 3-point shot privileges and hire a new big man coach.

MChambers
03-07-2011, 08:11 PM
He said that after studying an unamed website he has decided to bench Ryan in favor of Dawkins, terminate Kyle's 3-point shot privileges and hire a new big man coach.
He also said that Irving was going to have his toe amputated, just so everyone was clear on situation there.

lotusland
03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
He also said that Irving was going to have his toe amputated, just so everyone was clear on situation there.
out-patient surgery so should be practicing by Thursday right?

hurleyfor3
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
out-patient surgery so should be practicing by Thursday right?

Actually I think he'll see how the toe feels while playing the first half of Friday's game, and if it still hurts they'll just cut it off at halftime, stick a couple of band-aids on it and run him out there in the second half. Or maybe just do it during a timeout, like Hurley did with his diarrhea in 1990.

lotusland
03-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Actually I think he'll see how the toe feels while playing the first half of Friday's game, and if it still hurts they'll just cut it off at halftime, stick a couple of band-aids on it and run him out there in the second half. Or maybe just do it during a timeout, like Hurley did with his diarrhea in 1990.

You are correct that toe amputations and Diarrhea require approximztely the same recovery time. We'll need a full timeout for the toe though.

Dr. Tina
03-07-2011, 08:53 PM

Whew...I'm glad we have ya'll to recap the most pertinent information in the K presser! It's a relief to me... :p

Dr. Tina
03-07-2011, 08:55 PM
It sounds like you need to update the version of Adobe flash player on your computer or some other nerdy computer geek thing. The videos work fine for me on two different browsers.

Thanks, Bob! I'm going to look into it. I've even been having trouble viewing Blue Planet's videos on it's site, so maybe that's it.

jdj4duke
03-07-2011, 10:06 PM

He Skyped later that he's offered Larry Drew Too a chance to walk-on as well.

NovaScotian
03-07-2011, 10:20 PM
You are correct that toe amputations and Diarrhea require approximztely the same recovery time. We'll need a full timeout for the toe though.

why waste a timeout? just use the under 8 minute tv break.

LSanders
03-08-2011, 02:09 AM

Why? Can't he just walk it off?

Starter
03-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Obviously, we wouldn't expect him to tip his hand regardless of whether he was orchestrating a shakeup of any sort for the ACC's. As such, this conference told us nothing more than that he claims not to know how to say "Pomeroy."

Krzyzewski had an interesting air about him today. Tough to put my finger on it.

Kewlswim
03-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Obviously, we wouldn't expect him to tip his hand regardless of whether he was orchestrating a shakeup of any sort for the ACC's. As such, this conference told us nothing more than that he claims not to know how to say "Pomeroy."

Krzyzewski had an interesting air about him today. Tough to put my finger on it.

Hi,

There was something about Coach K that made me feel a bit uneasy. It wasn't that he lacked confidence or anything, it was like he was trying to hard to be at ease. Maybe that was it?

GO DUKE!

SMO
03-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi,

There was something about Coach K that made me feel a bit uneasy. It wasn't that he lacked confidence or anything, it was like he was trying to hard to be at ease. Maybe that was it?

GO DUKE!

Tough to be at ease when your star PG is ready to return for the stretch run:cool:

Delaware
03-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi,

GO DUKE!

Coach K has nothing to be ill at ease about.... he is a hall of fame coach, he is comfortable in his own skin so to speak, he has a great team, he knows he is a great coach, he knows he has great kids, great staff, great program, respect, etc.... it's not an act.

Matches
03-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi,

GO DUKE!

Maybe he was having his toe amputated after the presser.

Nate James would of course be performing the procedure - with no instruments.

JasonEvans
03-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Maybe he was having his toe amputated after the presser.

Nate James would of course be performing the procedure - with no instruments.

Nate would bite it off...

... and the cut would be perfect.

-Jason

OldPhiKap
03-08-2011, 09:18 AM
K looked like the coffee hadn't kicked in yet. Very relaxed, low-key.

Kind of like a guy who is doing his gazillionth tournament press conference.

AtlDuke72
03-08-2011, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=JasonEvans;483315]Nate would bite it off...

... and the cut would be perfect.

I think the correct term is "Poifect" if I recall the Saturday Night Live bris correctly . .

Dr. Tina
03-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Updated my Adobe Flash Player and still can't see K's presser! Anyone have a transcript? Ya'll had some great tidbits earlier...lol