PDA

View Full Version : Lotta ball to be played yet

Curt
03-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Carolina has met their goal. They lose in early round of ACCT and we hoist hardware sunday.

elvis14
03-07-2011, 10:37 AM
We don't need UNC@CH to lose in an early round for us to hoist the hardware on Sunday! 9F

Curt
03-07-2011, 10:41 AM
We don't need UNC@CH to lose in an early round for us to hoist the hardware on Sunday! 9F

didnt mean to imply that we need them to lose, just that they may very well have a letdown. sorry

OldPhiKap
03-07-2011, 10:50 AM
didnt mean to imply that we need them to lose, just that they may very well have a letdown. sorry

I don't think that they will have a let-down. I think it will be hard for them to play three games in a row, though, without much depth.

We need to worry about getting our own engine cranked here. Slow starts, dodgy defense and outside jumpshots don't bode well for a long run.

DukeCrow
03-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I may be completely off-base here, but I have the feeling that tourney time will be revitalizing for this team. Singler and Smith came back to win another championship. The grind of the regular season has to be tiring by this time of year. Seeing the end-game just a few weeks away and being able to finally get some rest should be a great way to refocus.

At least that's what I'm hoping....

elvis14
03-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I may be completely off-base here, but I have the feeling that tourney time will be revitalizing for this team. Singler and Smith came back to win another championship. The grind of the regular season has to be tiring by this time of year. Seeing the end-game just a few weeks away and being able to finally get some rest should be a great way to refocus.

At least that's what I'm hoping....

I've been thinking the same thing DukeCrow. Tournament play might really get our guys going. The optimist in me wants that!

I know Curt, didn't mean to sound harsh towards your post. I wasn't being super serious. I should have put a smiley face on there. That said, I WANT to play and beat UNC in the finals.

Kedsy
03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I may be completely off-base here, but I have the feeling that tourney time will be revitalizing for this team.

I agree. Ryan said after the UNC debacle that we weren't ready to win a championship and UNC was. I think the loss will be a wake up call and, while it may happen somewhere down the road, it will be awfully hard to beat Duke the rest of the way.

rtnorthrup
03-07-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree. Ryan said after the UNC debacle that we weren't ready to win a championship and UNC was. I think the loss will be a wake up call and, while it may happen somewhere down the road, it will be awfully hard to beat Duke the rest of the way.

Forgive me, but I dont understand how a player could say that we werent ready to win a championship. We have 2 senior starters who have won a national championship. We were playing our biggest rivals with an ACC regular season championship on the line. Do you really need a "wake up call" for these situations?

We have played 4 quarters of Basketball against UNC this year and we have only won one of them. I simply can't imagine that we werent ready for them, not with Coach K on the bench.

Maybe they are just a matchup problem for us. Maybe we are in a little bit of slump right now. Hopefully we will find some answers in time to get some hardware this year. We dont have the luxury of any more "wake up calls".

OldPhiKap
03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Forgive me, but I dont understand how a player could say that we werent ready to win a championship. We have 2 senior starters who have won a national championship. We were playing our biggest rivals with an ACC regular season championship on the line. Do you really need a "wake up call" for these situations?

We have played 4 quarters of Basketball against UNC this year and we have only won one of them. I simply can't imagine that we werent ready for them, not with Coach K on the bench.

Maybe they are just a matchup problem for us. Maybe we are in a little bit of slump right now. Hopefully we will find some answers in time to get some hardware this year. We dont have the luxury of any more "wake up calls".

Yup.

Kedsy
03-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Forgive me, but I dont understand how a player could say that we werent ready to win a championship.

Are you suggesting I made it up? Whether you understand it or not, he said it. And frankly, watching the game, it seemed true.

Sometimes we forget that we root for a bunch of kids. And kids can get overconfident and maybe that's what happened in Chapel Hill.

superdave
03-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Two points on this - When our guys saw 3 walk-ons and a backup starting on senior night, they should have attacked. Also, That's two games in a row vs. Unc where they had more nergy out of the gate than us. Now that we are in the win or go home portion of the season, our guys understand they have to attack the opponent's weaknesses and cannot afford to start slowly or we go home. I hope that brings the necessary sense of urgency.