PDA

View Full Version : shooting - home vs away

NovaScotian
03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
i wasnt able to find a site that did home/away splits for shooting percentages, so if someone knows of one, please post that here. i took the sixteen acc games and quickly ran the averages and it is interesting, at least as interesting as bald shooting percentages can be:

Home: 43.8% - 47.5% on 2's - 36.1% on 3's

Away: 43.8% - 52.0% on 2's - 31.7% on 3's

i guess i mainly did this because like many of us i've noticed a difference in three point shooting at home and on the road, and while this doesn't include particularly good shooting days from early non-conference games and also doesn't include the stink bomb laid at msg, the discrepancy is still visible. also worth noting, the field goal percentages are almost exactly equal, and we actually shoot better from inside the arc when on the road.

talk amongst yourselves.
(i'll give you a topic. taylor king: neither a tailor, nor a king. discuss.)

Duke79UNLV77
03-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I remember in the ESPN all-access video hearing Coach Collins say we should be one of the best shooting teams in the country. We should. We're better than those percentages, home or away. Hopefully, the law of averages will work our way from here on.

tele
03-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Wouldn't you want to look at the averages for the road losses v.v. the road wins and home games(only wins)? And why?

NovaScotian
03-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Wouldn't you want to look at the averages for the road losses v.v. the road wins and home games(only wins)? And why?

the issue isn't really wins and losses. some people have noticed that our shooting has been worse on the road than it has at home. in conference games, at least, this has only been true of three point shooting, and i thought that was worth mentioning.
looking at shooting percentages in wins against shooting percentages in losses is sort of a dumb thing - what would you expect? that duke's shooting would be better when they lose?