PDA

View Full Version : WBB-ACC Tournament Final: Duke vs. UNC

DU82
03-05-2011, 11:12 PM
The women, coming off a good, hard fought win against Georgia Tech, face off in their fourth straight final against Sylvia's football team. Seeing them up close today, they are a lot bigger than I thought. I think their smurf-like guards fool you into thinking they are relatively small. But their inside players, especially Rolle, are huge.

Key to the game, just like last week's game in Cameron, is playing under control, and not letting theheels get many fast break baskets, or two on one plays after breaking the zone press. We played a lot of zone the last few games, and that seems to be a good strategy against them.

-bdbd
03-06-2011, 01:08 AM
The women, coming off a good, hard fought win against Georgia Tech, face off in their fourth straight final against Sylvia's football team. Seeing them up close today, they are a lot bigger than I thought. I think their smurf-like guards fool you into thinking they are relatively small. But their inside players, especially Rolle, are huge.

Key to the game, just like last week's game in Cameron, is playing under control, and not letting theheels get many fast break baskets, or two on one plays after breaking the zone press. We played a lot of zone the last few games, and that seems to be a good strategy against them.

The ladies played solidly versus an inspired GaTech squad. Play our game again on Sunday and we wil be the champs.

I was thinking earlier that, most years, you'd be thrilled to be playing the #6 seed for the championship. But my reaction to hearing NC won their game was "Ugh! Yet again??!"

Anybody who has been in Greensboro this weekend able to predict the crowd breakdown for Sunday? Mostly pro-NC, or Duke, or non-factor?

Let's go Duke!

wandalee
03-06-2011, 01:39 PM
We're playing well so far. Up 4 at the 8 minute mark.

wandalee
03-06-2011, 02:56 PM
It's looking good! Up by 12 with 4 min left.

wandalee
03-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Duke wins 81-66. Great game. We just wore them down in the 2nd half!

Rogue
03-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Lady Devils open the gates of hell,, and defeat the holes,, 81 -66.. thank you ladies..:cool:'

ACC CHAMPS,, that's one,, let's get the second one next Sunday,, putting last night behind me.

THE GATES OF HELL ARE OPEN, THE MEN WILL TAKE ADVANDAGE OF THIS.

"MOUNT UP MEN, RIDE TO THE SOUND OF THE CANNON FIRE, THERE'S A BATTLE TO BE FOUGHT"

Stray Gator
03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Congrats Blue Devils--ACC Champions again! It was a close game with both teams making a lot of terrific plays back and forth until the last few minutes, when Duke finally was able to pull away. Jasmine Thomas was phenomenal, as was Jessica Breland for UNC. This game was a fine showcase for ACC women's basketball. Well done!

dukelifer
03-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks to the women for taking the sting out of the weekend. Great win over the Heels. Here's to making some noise in the NCAAs.

chrishoke
03-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Congrats champion devils. Way to kick the heels butts.