PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. UNC (March 5, 2011)

JBDuke
03-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 81-67 loss to Carolina?

coldriver10
03-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Only 2, maybe 3 players are even worthy of being on this list. And the winner is a no-brainer.

Son of Mojo
03-05-2011, 10:13 PM
The player of the year in the conference and the nation. Curry gets big ups for his play tonight also, but it's Nolan.

ice-9
03-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Seth's performance was encouraging, but if he could've done half of what he did tonight at UNC to Virginia Tech we would at least share the ACC regular season.

Far and away, as in last season, Nolan has been our most consistent player.

strawbs
03-05-2011, 10:18 PM
nolan and seth were great. Miles was decent. Other then that no one showed up.

Ultrarunner
03-05-2011, 10:22 PM
My vote goes to Miles. Very good defense, efficient with the ball when he had a chance to score, 11 rebounds and nearly as many assists as Nolan with a better a/t ratio.

Second would be Nolan. If some folks would hit shots, his assists would look a bit better.

jv001
03-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Since our offense is mostly set up for the 3 ball, I had to vote for the only player that actually hit one. Seth is MOTM. Go Duke!

OldPhiKap
03-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I voted for Miles, who kept us in the game on both ends of the floor. He stepped up to the task.

Next play. Go Duke!

jv001
03-05-2011, 10:29 PM
I voted for Miles, who kept us in the game on both ends of the floor. He stepped up to the task.

Next play. Go Duke!

Next to Kyle, Miles is probably the toughest player we have. Close between Nolan and Miles for toughness. Go Duke!

CLW
03-05-2011, 10:33 PM
nolan and seth were great. Miles was decent. Other then that no one showed up.

That pretty much sums it up.

I voted for Nolan.

terrih
03-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Nolan.

wsb3
03-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Nolan gave his all..

loran16
03-05-2011, 10:57 PM
We went 0-16 from 3, 0-17 if you count Andre's 3 misses, outside of Seth Curry. And they were all open shots.

We lost this game, because no one but Seth showed up. Nolan had 30. It wasn't a meaningful 30. And he contributed by missing the open shots too.

OldPhiKap
03-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Before we get too far, i think it's wrong for folks to say that players "didn't show up" for the game. Carolina's shots went down, our's didn't. It was not for lack of effort IMHO.

We split the season, time to get them in the conference final.

Buckeye Devil
03-06-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't think it matters much for this game. I voted for Miles.

dukebluelemur
03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I think you have to have indulged pretty heavily in some post game self-medication to vote for Ryan in this one. :confused:

dukebluesincebirth
03-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Before we get too far, i think it's wrong for folks to say that players "didn't show up" for the game. Carolina's shots went down, our's didn't. It was not for lack of effort IMHO.

I agree and disagree with you. Carolina's shots did go down, but I still think I sensed a lack of intensity in those besides Noloan and Seth. Ryan Kelly's poor performance was more than just bad shooting to me. I didn't see the intensity necessary to go into chapel hill against a hungry unc team. When a team is at home and hungry, you HAVE to come in and match that intensity to even have a chance. I just don't feel like we had what it took mentally/emotionally to give our physical talents a chance to execute. Carolina played very well and I think they are the better team at this point, but I do think Duke could've played harder and with more intensity. I hope we take this personally and like you said, get them back in the ACC tourney! GO DUKE!

ncexnyc
03-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I think you have to have indulged pretty heavily in some post game self-medication to vote for Ryan in this one. :confused:

That person was either being sarcastic or they thought it was a MOTM for the Heels thread.
Kelly had a brutal game, just like Seth did last Saturday and the Seth bounced back with two very good games. I'm sure Ryan will be able to do the same.

NSDukeFan
03-06-2011, 09:25 PM

Agree very much. I hate seeing this. I don't think there is any game where I would say the team "didn't show up". There are always going to be games in a season that 18-23 year old kids aren't going to be as focused as they could optimally be, but Duke always shows up. That's one reason they are 27-4.

NovaScotian
03-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Agree very much. I hate seeing this. I don't think there is any game where I would say the team "didn't show up". There are always going to be games in a season that 18-23 year old kids aren't going to be as focused as they could optimally be, but Duke always shows up. That's one reason they are 27-4.

i'd like to agree with you, but coach mike has said otherwise:

As a program today, we did not show up to compete.
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0131/st-johns-flexes-big-easts-muscles-in-win-over-duke/