PDA

View Full Version : WBB-ACC Tournament Friday Quarters: Duke 79, Wake 50

DU82
03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Game time is 3PM. Winner takes on Georgia Tech, upset winner this morning (game started at 11AM) over Maryland.

uh_no
03-04-2011, 01:34 PM
rip em up
tear em up
give em hell
DUKE

CameronBornAndBred
03-04-2011, 03:19 PM
I hadn't heard about it, but in pregame, P said that Tricia Liston chopped the tip of her index finger off (shooting hand) while reaching into her bag. There was a razor in there and she sliced it off.

CameronBornAndBred
03-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Jas got hurt, sounds like knee. Crossing fingers she's ok.

-bdbd
03-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Duke up 20-11 ten minutes into the game.

Nice to see GT upset of MD. Would be nice to avoid the team that beat us handily a couple weeks ago.

Go Duke!

-bdbd
03-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Looking good!
Duke over Wake 30 - 11, with 5:50 to go in first half.

-bdbd
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
It seems like the ladies came out all fired up.

Duke 37 - 19 at Half. Ga Tech awaits the winner Saturday afternoon.

Go Duke!

-bdbd
03-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Duke beats Wake pretty easily in the opener in Greensboro, 79 - 50. Now, on to a Saturday afternoon match-up with Ga Tech. Things seem to be breaking well for us so far.

Does anyone have any injury updates for the ladies?

CameronBornAndBred
03-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I could only listen to the first, but watched the second half. Wake was able to make a decent run, but the Devils got back on track quickly. Another game that everyone in uniform scored, I love that. It's great to have the bench that we do, with Jasmine out (and then back in but not scoring) it was nice to see the rest of the team stand up and be counted. Tomorrow should be a good game. 3rd in a row for GT..but they beat the same twerp team that just handed us a blowout out loss. I predict a win for us, but I also don't expect to see the same margin of victory we saw today. GO DUKE!!!

stillcrazie
03-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know why Krystal only had 2 points or why the seniors in general seemed a bit flat? I understand that Jasmine was injured - any idea how bad it was? We will really need their leadership in the ACC/NCAA.

GA Tech is surging, having beaten UNC at UNC last week and now Maryland. We are going to need to be up for this game!

DU82
03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know why Krystal only had 2 points or why the seniors in general seemed a bit flat? I understand that Jasmine was injured - any idea how bad it was? We will really need their leadership in the ACC/NCAA.

GA Tech is surging, having beaten UNC at UNC last week and now Maryland. We are going to need to be up for this game!

I know from Gamecast that Karima had two early fouls, don't know about Krystal. Will see the game in person tomorrow, hopefully there'll be a lot of the proper shade of blue rooting on Duke to beat GT, and Katie Meier's Miami to beat the Seminoles. (Second matchup a hopeful pairing at this time, of course!)

sagegrouse
03-04-2011, 05:52 PM
According to the ESPN box score, Duke's three double-figure scorers were freshmen Richa, Haley and Chelsea -- all off the bench. Freshman Chloe also scored eight off the bench. Chelsea had been starting but had missed time because of injuries.

sagegrouse