PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Clemson (March 2, 2011)

JBDuke
03-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 70-59 win over Clemson?

rthomas
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
You gotta go with the Seniors, but apparently that is not an option. So why vote?

Bluedevil114
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I really wanted to vote for Kyle and Nolan tonight. Both seniors led Duke tonight in so many categories. It was truely a pleasure to watch these two play over the past four years. How lucky could we be if that is Alex Murphy and Rasheed Suilaimon in five years from now?

Go Duke!!

Ultrarunner
03-02-2011, 11:24 PM
unless I can vote for all three seniors......

Nice game by Kyle and Nolan. Good job by Mason and Seth as the supporting cast.

TwiceDuke
03-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Kyle and Nolan both played great. However, Kyle's rebounding and defense made a big difference down the stretch.

marinbobbyduhon
03-02-2011, 11:28 PM
unless I can vote for all three seniors......

Nice game by Kyle and Nolan. Good job by Mason and Seth as the supporting cast.

While I voted for Kyle as I thought he was great on both ends of the floor tonight, I kind of hope someone votes for Casey.

RoyalBlue08
03-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Does Mason's mom vote on here?

Bluedevil114
03-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Does Mason's mom vote on here?

I voted for Nolan but Mason was solid again tonight and a huge reason why we won. He even hit four out of five free throws. Huge boards a beautiful hook shot.

basket1544
03-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Kyle and Nolan came close to getting my vote for MOTM, but if Mason hadn't been involved Duke wouldn't have won. I will stand by my vote for Mason. He made very good decisions in the second half of the game and has shown a lot of growth. It helps that I do get to vote for Kyle and/or Nolan and/or Casey at least a few more times.

Son of Mojo
03-02-2011, 11:42 PM
I really wanted to vote for Kyle and Nolan tonight. Both seniors led Duke tonight in so many categories. It was truely a pleasure to watch these two play over the past four years. How lucky could we be if that is Alex Murphy and Rasheed Suilaimon in five years from now?

Go Duke!!

Not the place for it, really, but when Murphy is at Duke his nickname will be Robocop, right? I mean, it's right there!!! Voted for Kyle for all the contributions, specifically that baseline block......it was great. Seth was right behind Kyle and just above Nolan for hitting big shots when we needed them.

wilson
03-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Kylan Smingler is the answer. I refuse to vote tonight.

marinbobbyduhon
03-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I kind of hope someone votes for Casey.

Thank you Lord Ash.

cspan37421
03-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Kyle just plain brought it in the second half, on both ends. But I almost gave it to Mason, whose good interior defense, very good FT and ball handling in the second half really were a needed contribution. His tendency to not box out after a Clemson shot was in the air kept me from giving it to him. Kyle made some nice plays too, but not many offensive fireworks.

Nolan has been carrying this team, largely, since KI went out. And he's done great, but his 7-20 shooting, 8 TO, and 4 fouls (3 of which were really unnecessary) shows that either it has become a burden, or defenses are really focusing on him. Either way, he needs a bit of a respite in the backcourt. But at least he knows what year he's graduating. Sounds like Kyle wants to stay for another year, which is OK by me, of course.

Casey Peters gets my vote for postgame senior farewell speech.

Lord Ash
03-02-2011, 11:59 PM
My Casey vote was a vote for all our seniors. What a great class.

NovaScotian
03-03-2011, 12:13 AM
my taylor king vote was a vote for all our seniors. what a great class.

El_Diablo
03-03-2011, 04:47 AM
I voted for Nolan but Mason was solid again tonight and a huge reason why we won. He even hit four out of five free throws. Huge boards a beautiful hook shot.

If Mason ever learns how to box out (rather than just turn towards the basket and rely on height and jumping skills), he could be a very good rebounder. If he learns how to establish and hold post position (rather than get pushed out to the 13-16 foot range every single time) then he might even be able to use a post move or two instead of having to put the ball on the floor and risk turning it over. Maybe we won't see this until next year or the year after that, but it will be a thing of beauty when he learns to put it all together.

Until then, it's going to take a little more to get my vote. Especially when another player has the type of night that Singler did.

wsb3
03-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Seth was huge tonight. I thought he had the key buckets when we were struggling for offense and looking for a little separation.