PDA

View Full Version : First Timer going to Cameron for Clemson Game...Need Advice!

bobeana9
03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Hey Duke Fans!! I am a die hard fan who will be making my first trip to Cameron tomorrow night for Kyle and Nolan's last game! YAY!!! Super excited!! What time should I plan on getting there? I know that they will be doing Senior night things, but I have no idea of what to plan for. Please help!!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey Duke Fans!! I am a die hard fan who will be making my first trip to Cameron tomorrow night for Kyle and Nolan's last game! YAY!!! Super excited!! What time should I plan on getting there? I know that they will be doing Senior night things, but I have no idea of what to plan for. Please help!!
Cameron opens one hour prior to tip off. Expect some lines regardless of whether you're seated downstairs or upstairs.

Highlander
03-01-2011, 11:28 AM

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?24363-First-Duke-Basketball-Game&highlight=time+cameron

Here's a thread from 2 weeks ago on the same topic. Plenty of background info.

sagegrouse
03-01-2011, 11:35 AM

If things haven't changed in the last couple of years, the honoring of seniors occurs after the game, not before.

sagegrouse

uh_no
03-01-2011, 12:20 PM
If things haven't changed in the last couple of years, the honoring of seniors occurs after the game, not before.

sagegrouse

I seem to remember them announcing the seniors before the came and then them going to center court....and I think the parents are there too....then after the game the seniors come out and give speeches

bobeana9
03-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks! I was able to get tickets in Section 17, so I am super excited!! I have been to the Duke campus many times and even to Cameron, but never to a basketball game in Cameron because the ticket prices are always outrageous.

uh_no
03-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks! I was able to get tickets in Section 17, so I am super excited!! I have been to the Duke campus many times and even to Cameron, but never to a basketball game in Cameron because the ticket prices are always outrageous.

WOw. Suprised they sold tix to this game, with it being sr night. Oh well. Graduate tix ftw!

mehmattski
03-01-2011, 02:18 PM
From an e-mail to the Graduate Students:

Men's Basketball Senior Night, Duke vs Clemson, March 2, 2011
Duke takes on Clemson on Wednesday, March 2nd in our final home game of the 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Season. It is senior night and our three seniors, Casey Peters, Nolan Smith, and Kyle Singler will be honored pre-game. Student doors open at 7:30 PM. ARRIVE EARLY!!! Senior Recognition will begin at 8:35 PM - a rush of people at this time will cause students to miss this special event!

Plus if it's your first time, you should get in as soon as you can and see the students file in, watch warmups and other pre-game antics, and take plenty of pictures. Have a great time!

bobeana9
03-01-2011, 04:11 PM
From an e-mail to the Graduate Students:

Plus if it's your first time, you should get in as soon as you can and see the students file in, watch warmups and other pre-game antics, and take plenty of pictures. Have a great time!

So what time do you suggest that I get there if I want to see warm ups and everything?

I appreciate your help!!

uh_no
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM
So what time do you suggest that I get there if I want to see warm ups and everything?

I appreciate your help!!

warmups start 90 minutes before the game, which is when students are let in, but I believe its the case that ticket holders can't get in til 1hr before tip....someone who knows should tell me.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-01-2011, 05:15 PM
warmups start 90 minutes before the game, which is when students are let in, but I believe its the case that ticket holders can't get in til 1hr before tip....someone who knows should tell me.
You are correct. Ticket holders are admitted one hour before tip off.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
You are standing at the end of the student section in Section 17. No idea whether they'll let you in at 7:30 or 8:00.

Enjoy yourself and scream loudly! :cool:

magjayran
03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Get there very early. The only way to get a good vantage point in section 17 is to be one of the first people in there. The doors open up an hour early. I'd be in line at least an hour before that.
I was in section 17 last year for the Clemson game and had a great viewpoint for some plays but could not see down the sideline very well at all without standing on tiptoes and leaning in an unnatural position. However the energy was amazing and the feeling of being there was great.

uh_no
03-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Get there very early. The only way to get a good vantage point in section 17 is to be one of the first people in there. The doors open up an hour early. I'd be in line at least an hour before that.
I was in section 17 last year for the Clemson game and had a great viewpoint for some plays but could not see down the sideline very well at all without standing on tiptoes and leaning in an unnatural position. However the energy was amazing and the feeling of being there was great.

ESPN Exec - Thanks for the tips! we'll put cameras there the next home game and use them for all plays down on duke's half of the court....I hear the fans at home love bad sightlines from the cameras!

NovaScotian
03-02-2011, 11:39 AM
during the national anthem, make sure to shout 'OH' and raise your hands in an 'O' over your head when they sing 'O, say does that..." everybody does it. it's a timeless cameron tradition that shall never fade.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-02-2011, 11:42 AM
during the national anthem, make sure to shout 'OH' and raise your hands in an 'O' over your head when they sing 'O, say does that..." everybody does it. it's a timeless cameron tradition that shall never fade.
As a matter of fact, that "tradition" has been absent for several games. Coach K requested that it stop and it has.

bobeana9
03-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Good advice! Thanks everyone for your tips. I am so very excited!!

NovaScotian
03-02-2011, 01:51 PM
As a matter of fact, that "tradition" has been absent for several games. Coach K requested that it stop and it has.

what?!?! this is an outrage! how dare he?