PDA

View Full Version : Charting Duke v. Temple

pfrduke
02-26-2011, 01:23 PM
In this game, more than any other this season, we leaned on the starting lineup in terms of minutes, playing nearly half the game together as a unit. And yet that lineup played Temple just to a draw, while almost every other lineup showed up on the plus side of the ledger, collectively outscoring Temple 45-28. A nice performance from Tyler Thornton off the bench as well - the team was +8 with him on the court in his 11 minutes of play.

Individuals
Kyle Singler 75-59 (+16)
Seth Curry 70-55 (+15)
Nolan Smith 71-57 (+14)
Ryan Kelly 68-54 (+14)
Tyler Thornton 21-13 (+8
Mason Plumlee 53-48 (+5)
Miles Plumlee 9-4 (+5)
Andre Dawkins 18-13 (+5)
Josh Hairston 5-2 (+3)

Per 40 Minutes
Miles Plumlee +50.0
Josh Hairston +40.0
Tyler Thornton +29.1
Andre Dawkins +28.6
Seth Curry +17.6
Kyle Singler +16.4
Ryan Kelly +16.0
Nolan Smith +15.1
Mason Plumlee +6.7

Lineups (Score, times used, margin)
Smith-Curry-Dawkins-Singler-Kelly (15-11, x2, +4)
Smith-Curry-Singler-Kelly-Miles (3-0, x1, +3)
Smith-Curry-Singler-Mason-Miles (6-4, x1, +2)
Thornton-Curry-Singler-Mason-Kelly (4-2, x1, +2)
Thornton-Smith-Curry-Singler-Kelly (2-0, x1, +2)
Thornton-Smith-Singler-Hairston-Kelly (2-0, x1, +2)
Thornton-Smith-Curry-Singler-Mason (4-3, x1, +1)
Thornton-Curry-Dawkins-Hairston-Kelly (3-2, x1, +1)
Smith-Curry-Singler-Mason-Kelly (33-33, x5, 0)
Thornton-Smith-Singler-Mason-Kelly (6-6, x1, 0)

Kedsy
02-26-2011, 01:29 PM
In this game, more than any other this season, we leaned on the starting lineup in terms of minutes, playing nearly half the game together as a unit. And yet that lineup played Temple just to a draw, while almost every other lineup showed up on the plus side of the ledger, collectively outscoring Temple 45-28. A nice performance from Tyler Thornton off the bench as well - the team was +8 with him on the court in his 11 minutes of play.

That's interesting, as is the fact that none of our lineups were outscored by Temple, which is pretty unusual (hasn't happened in any of our games since Kyrie's been out and maybe all season -- I didn't go back and check our first 7 games). I like Miles's +50 per 40 minutes, although obviously it would have been more impressive if he'd played more minutes.

By the way, did I miss the plus/minus for the Georgia Tech game? I try to pay attention to these things, but I suppose sometimes they slip by.

pfrduke
02-26-2011, 01:44 PM
That's interesting, as is the fact that none of our lineups were outscored by Temple, which is pretty unusual (hasn't happened in any of our games since Kyrie's been out and maybe all season -- I didn't go back and check our first 7 games). I like Miles's +50 per 40 minutes, although obviously it would have been more impressive if he'd played more minutes.

By the way, did I miss the plus/minus for the Georgia Tech game? I try to pay attention to these things, but I suppose sometimes they slip by.

Having no outscored lineups is highly unusual. Not quite as good as it could have been - the starting lineup was outscored in two of its 5 times on the court, but netted out at zero.

And you didn't miss the Tech game - just got the ones for this week up, and they came in reverse order.