PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Henderson getting minutes, making strides!

ikiru36
02-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I didn't notice this mentioned on the boards, but Gerald has been getting more minutes in Charlotte of late (particularly post-Larry Brown, go figure). He's been making the most of it (http://fantasy.fanhouse.com/2011/02/25/waiver-wire-alert-gerald-henderson-gains-value-in-gerald-wallac/), averaging 18+ points and 5 rebounds over the last 3 games, and with Wallace traded, opportunity may be there for him to prove he's a worthy NBA player or even a starter?

I still have my concerns about his size as an NBA 3 or 2, unless he improves the consistency of his outside shot, but his other way to become meaningful offensively is to drive and draw fouls which he's begun to do (over 8 fta/game over same 3 games). Heck, 2 of the games were against the Lakers and Bulls, so it may not just be a fluke!

Anyways, just wanted to draw attention to Gerald's improvement and possible opportunity at this time.

Go Gerald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I now see that this has gotten mention in the Dukies in the NBA thread. Perhaps this should be merged, but as this is perhaps his first time really breaking out, maybe it deserves it's own recognition/thread? In any event, wtg Gerald and keep it up!

simmias
02-25-2011, 04:32 PM
He's starting tonight.

-bdbd
02-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Check out the 'Dukies in the NBA 2010-2011' string yesterday, starting around post #592...

The Wallace trade in Charlotte was entirely made possible by Gerald's recent emergence. That, not coincidentally, took place concurrently with Larry Brown's departure, to be sure. Brown's former son-in-law was Quinn Snyder (who also worked under him for a time I believe). So no Duke-NC issues here. Brown is just notorious for not giving youngsters playing time. Only now are we seeing G's true capabilities. And with Gerald Wallace now gone, the decks are cleared for G's rising star. That said, this is not going to be a very good team for the next few years. So much for their "Tar-cats" label. Even Jordan can learn a lesson occasionally... ;)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

ChicagoCrazy84
02-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Check out the 'Dukies in the NBA 2010-2011' string yesterday, starting around post #592...

The Wallace trade in Charlotte was entirely made possible by Gerald's recent emergence. That, not coincidentally, took place concurrently with Larry Brown's departure, to be sure. Brown's former son-in-law was Quinn Snyder (who also worked under him for a time I believe). So no Duke-NC issues here. Brown is just notorious for not giving youngsters playing time. Only now are we seeing G's true capabilities. And with Gerald Wallace now gone, the decks are cleared for G's rising star. That said, this is not going to be a very good team for the next few years. So much for their "Tar-cats" label. Even Jordan can learn a lesson occasionally... ;)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Does MJ have any interest in the direction that this team goes? He just doesn't seem willing to pony up any cash to try and stay competitive in the east. We'll see what happens, but I would be pretty frustrated if I was a Charlotte fan.

With that said though, I am thrilled for G!! AND I actually picked him up on my fantasy team this afternoon thinking he'd either get a starting spot or 30+ min so good for him. Can't wait to see what he does with the opportunity!

OZ
02-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Henderson got 21 tonight and was player of the game.

Jholt915
02-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Henderson got 21 tonight and was player of the game.

Henderson has been playing great. I'm glad Silas is the coach now, and he's getting his chance. I was always concerned about him being a little short out on the wing in the NBA, but I think his athleticism makes up for what he lacks in size.

Devilsfan
02-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Just goes to show you, if a player is smart, has talent and character and is given a reasonable chance he will succeed. Case in point, Ryan Kelly and Thorton. Another case Nolan Smith from two years ago. Go G! He's making MJ seem smarter than he deserves imo..