PDA

View Full Version : Deja vu...Tennessee again?

PADukeMom
02-23-2011, 01:59 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/NCAA-accuses-Tennessee-Volunteers-of-rules-violations-022311/?GT1=39002

JasonEvans
02-23-2011, 02:11 PM
I wonder if Football will escape some nasty penalties because Kiffin is gone. It would be really awesome if sanctions could somehow follow a coach so USC would get slapped for hiring the ethically challenged Kiffin.

Bruce Pearl is still coaching without a contract from Tennessee. If the NCAA threatens to slaps the program hard, I could see UT getting rid of Pearl as a way of trying to lessen the sanctions.

-Jason "lack of institutional control is a really, really serious offense-- Tennessee is in major trouble" Evans

PADukeMom
02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
As a long suffering Raider fan I have zero patience with Lane Kiffin. It is time the NCAA comes down hard on these coaches who violate thr rules then leave the schools in ruins while they get a slap on the wrist(I'm looking at you Cal & well Cal) and go on to wreck their havoc on another school. I'm not saying many of these programs are innocent victums. You knew what these guys did ot were alledged to have done & still you hire them.

Do you think "Bama might have a problem when the showed one of their potential football recruits on the jumbotrom during a recent basketball game? I haven't heard the entire story yet though.

SMH! Thank GOD for coaches like K & JoePa.

HaveFunExpectToWin
02-24-2011, 12:09 AM
I wonder if Football will escape some nasty penalties because Kiffin is gone. It would be really awesome if sanctions could somehow follow a coach so USC would get slapped for hiring the ethically challenged Kiffin.

Bruce Pearl is still coaching without a contract from Tennessee. If the NCAA threatens to slaps the program hard, I could see UT getting rid of Pearl as a way of trying to lessen the sanctions.

-Jason "lack of institutional control is a really, really serious offense-- Tennessee is in major trouble" Evans

Both the Hamilton (AD) and Pearl need to be canned if Tennessee wants to pretend to have any ethical standing.

superdave
02-24-2011, 10:32 AM
It would be really awesome if sanctions could somehow follow a coach so USC would get slapped for hiring the ethically challenged Kiffin.

I will not take any NCAA sanctions seriously until they team up with the pros to make sure coaches are penalized when they flee. Sanctions should follow coaches to the NBA, NFL or other college jobs, that way a school would think twice about hiring them. The same goes for agents who tamper with amateurs - they should lose whatever certification or license they have.