PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline error

rasputin
02-23-2011, 11:50 AM
I was on CBS's college basketball site looking at conference standings and they have Duke listed at 11-1. It seems that they don't think the Georgia Tech game has happened yet. I know that if I try to contact CBS, I'll be ignored, but our SID wouldn't be. Does anyone know how to let the Duke people know that CBS has this wrong?

kong123
02-23-2011, 12:12 PM
I was on CBS's college basketball site looking at conference standings and they have Duke listed at 11-1. It seems that they don't think the Georgia Tech game has happened yet. I know that if I try to contact CBS, I'll be ignored, but our SID wouldn't be. Does anyone know how to let the Duke people know that CBS has this wrong?

yet just another example of how the press hate Duke and Coach K. I think we should have a letter drafted and get millions of Duke fans to sign it. At the least a full scale investigation should be launched. Wonder if Roy has anything to do with this?

jimsumner
02-23-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm with Kong on this. This is pretty trivial. The Duke Sports Information Department has more important things to worry about. Like getting chocolate chip cookies back in the media room at halftime. :)

SupaDave
02-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I would only worry when they start adding arbitrary losses. Otherwise I'm pretty sure they will change it.

killerleft
02-23-2011, 12:28 PM
yet just another example of how the press hate Duke and Coach K. I think we should have a letter drafted and get millions of Duke fans to sign it. At the least a full scale investigation should be launched. Wonder if Roy has anything to do with this?

Roy's probably innocent, but if he saw it his heart skipped a beat until he realized it was a cruel hoax perpetrated by a Duke fan!

PADukeMom
02-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Why is this such a big deal? I'll bet they only update the standings once a week.

rasputin
02-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Why is this such a big deal? I'll bet they only update the standings once a week.

I didn't say it was a big deal. And they usually update their standings VERY quickly; the results of last night's games are reflected in their standings generally.

BD80
02-23-2011, 01:08 PM

ol' roy's got an alibi, he was asleep at the time.

CDu
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM

As someone else mentioned, I'm sure this would rank REALLY low on things that the Duke SID would care about. I'm guessing whomever you would contact at the SID would have to stifle a laugh when you told them about it. It's just not worth their time to deal with correcting every website's (even pretty prominent ones like CBS) mistakes.

And regardless, I'm not sure why it matters anyway. I'm sure CBS will update it at some point on their own. And it's not like the ACC and NCAA are going to say "wait, CBS says Duke only has 11 conference wins - we must have miscounted!"

PADukeMom
02-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I didn't say it was a big deal. And they usually update their standings VERY quickly; the results of last night's games are reflected in their standings generally.

With age comes the knowledge that there are somethings to sweat about & some not so much. This doesn't even qualify as a minor hot flash. If it worries you so much send them an email. Right now I am more concerned about a toe.

Jarhead
02-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Not that it's a big deal, but their sin is repeated in their version of the RPI (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/rpi/index1). They show Duke at 24 and 2 for the season instead of 25 and 2 which demonstrates their RPI quality. Who can you trust?http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif

shoutingncu
02-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Records aside, CBS Sportsline also has Larry Drew II listed on the Carolina roster as "Did Not Play." No mention of Will Graves, though. :)