PDA

View Full Version : Fan Confidence Poll - February 21, 2011

rotogod00
02-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Record last week: 2-0 (2/16: 56-41W @ UVA; 2/20: 79-57W vs. GT)
Season Record: 25-2 (12-1; 1.5 games up)
Schedule this week: 2/23 vs. TEM (RPI: 33); 2/26 @ VT (RPI: 64)

Top stories from last week:
- Kyrie Irving continues rehabilitation from the toe injury that has sidelined him since December. No official word yet on if he will return this season.

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. Thanks in advance for voting.

Given the team's current roster construction, recruiting situation, coaching, etc., how confident are you in Duke's future, both this season and beyond?

ncexnyc
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
I bumped my vote up to a 9 this week. Solid news on the recruiting front, the continued good play of Mason and Seth, and the top tier teams showing they're mortal has boosted my confidence.

DukeDevilDeb
02-21-2011, 11:38 AM

- Kyrie Irving continues rehabilitation from the toe injury that has sidelined him since December. No official word yet on if he will return this season.

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. Thanks in advance for voting.

Given the team's current roster construction, recruiting situation, coaching, etc., how confident are you in Duke's future, both this season and beyond?

Why wouldn't we be confident? Do you know something that the rest of us don't know?

DevilWearsPrada
02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I am consistent! I have given a 10 every week.

And I went to the UVa game on Wed night in HooVille, and of course the game at home. I have confidence in Coach K, staff, trainers, and the team. They are are Team. And we are all on that Bus! or Train!

and as always,
Go Duke!

I give Duke 10 TRIDENTS.:cool:

SmartDevil
02-21-2011, 12:42 PM
The poll: "How confident are you in Duke's overall future?"

More precise wording would be appreciated.

Meanwhile...I am supremely confident :

1. That the Duke chapel and Cameron and the rest of the campus will be standing tomorrow (and tomorrow and tomorrow);

2. That Duke will continue to be one of the world's truly great universities and will continue to evolve dynamically;

3. That Duke basketball is led by the best college basketball coach of all time who seems to be at the top of his game;

4. That this year's Duke team continues to demonstrate outstanding talent, outstanding effort, great teamwork and cohesiveness, admirable depth, the ability to overcome adversity, and great character overall; and

5. That Duke will perform at a very, very high level in the conference tournament and the NCAA's, and we'll be very, very proud of the team.

A more specific rendering of the poll question might be in order.

rotogod00
02-21-2011, 12:45 PM

Polls:
Coaches - 1
AP - TBD
RPI (ESPN) - 6

rotogod00
02-21-2011, 12:47 PM
The poll: "How confident are you in Duke's overall future?"

More precise wording would be appreciated.

Meanwhile...I am supremely confident :

1. That the Duke chapel and Cameron and the rest of the campus will be standing tomorrow (and tomorrow and tomorrow);

2. That Duke will continue to be one of the world's truly great universities and will continue to evolve dynamically;

3. That Duke basketball is led by the best college basketball coach of all time who seems to be at the top of his game;

4. That this year's Duke team continues to demonstrate outstanding talent, outstanding effort, great teamwork and cohesiveness, admirable depth, the ability to overcome adversity, and great character overall; and

5. That Duke will perform at a very, very high level in the conference tournament and the NCAA's, and we'll be very, very proud of the team.

A more specific rendering of the poll question might be in order.

As usual, we're talking about Duke basketball. Will include it in the poll question next week.

Jarhead
02-21-2011, 02:27 PM
No matter what the question, I have remained supremely confident in everything Duke does since I received that letter of acceptance a very long time ago. Getting a little more current and shifting over to athletic programs, my confidence continues at the highest level, because every time something comes up that disappoints me, things turn around, and we get back on course. Take the toe, for example. Kyrie is not yet back, but the team is still performing at a level high enough to be elected #1 in this week's AP and coaches polls (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings). The next few years are going to be very exciting for Duke fans. Here's a prediction that I am confident enough to make. The Duke football team will play in a bowl game before Duke wins its sixth NCAA National Championship in mens basketball early in this decade. Similar predictions can be made for many of Duke's athletic teams. So, why not be confident?

rotogod00
02-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Polls:
Coaches - 1 (19 of 31 1st place votes)
AP - TBD
RPI (ESPN) - 6

AP - 1 (35 of 65 1st place votes)