PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Star Game

diveonthefloor
02-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Just turned it on after the GT game. Could anything be more boring?
Argggg.

I don't know which game is more worthless: the NFL Pro Bowl, or this piece of garbage?

SuperTurkey
02-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Just turned it on after the GT game. Could anything be more boring?
Argggg.

I don't know which game is more worthless: the NFL Pro Bowl, or this piece of garbage?

I'm sorry, but there's no comparison. In the NBA All Star game, no defense is played. In the Pro Bowl, no football is played. The NBA wins hands down.

ajgoodfella7
02-20-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm sorry, but there's no comparison. In the NBA All Star game, no defense is played. In the Pro Bowl, no football is played. The NBA wins hands down.

I agree, at least the NBA all star game usually gets competitive in the last 5 minutes. The pro-bowl is unwatchable to me, and I'm a huge NFL fan.

SCMatt33
02-20-2011, 11:10 PM
The problem with the Pro Bowl is that football relies completely on physicality for it's entertainment value, while basketball does not. When you take it away from football, you're left with nothing. When you take it away from basketball, you're left with a glorified combined dunk/3 point contest, which can have some redeeming qualities. Baseball has always been the best for the simple reason that you don't have to change the way the game is played very much to protect against injury.

SuperTurkey
02-20-2011, 11:46 PM
The problem with the Pro Bowl is that football relies completely on physicality for it's entertainment value, while basketball does not. When you take it away from football, you're left with nothing. When you take it away from basketball, you're left with a glorified combined dunk/3 point contest, which can have some redeeming qualities. Baseball has always been the best for the simple reason that you don't have to change the way the game is played very much to protect against injury.

Except they're still playing baseball, so it's boring.

<ducks and runs>