PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Georgia Tech

Bob Green
02-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Who was the Man-of-the-Match versus Georgia Tech?

Bob Green
02-20-2011, 10:09 PM
I voted for Mason Plumlee. He was solid with nine points and nine rebounds, but when we were struggling early he stood out. Mason is developing some consistency, which is a really good thing as we head toward post season play.

strawbs
02-20-2011, 10:11 PM
i voted for nolan. imo you could make an argument for just about anyone tonight, excluding andre. Really hoping he can get it turned around and earn some more pt. Great job by the guys tonight though

Buckeye Devil
02-20-2011, 10:16 PM
I voted for Mason just because he contributed with points, rebounds and decent defense. Plus, it just looks like he is trying to be more aggressive on both ends of the floor. He needs to be a factor if Duke is to make a deep tournament run this year.

mapei
02-20-2011, 10:20 PM
This year, Nolan is the best and most important player for Duke every single game. I could vote for someone else as an honor for having an especially good game, but Nolan is my MOTM based on quality of play and importance to the outcome.

cptnflash
02-20-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm going with Kyle. He is shooting poorly, but he's playing great basketball.

DukeDiva
02-20-2011, 10:51 PM
I could have easily voted for Nolan or Mason, but my vote went to Kyle. I thought he shot with more confidence than I had seen in quite some time.

ice-9
02-20-2011, 10:53 PM
A case can be made for Nolan, Mason, Seth or even Kyle (despite his 5-14 shooting). I will go with Seth's 9 points, 6:1 A/TO and 2 steals -- he made good decisions this game and proved capable of running the team with Nolan was on the bench. That is going to be critical if Nolan ever gets into foul trouble in the post-season.

Merlindevildog91
02-20-2011, 11:02 PM
I couldn't get past his game to vote for anyone else. If I could give honorable mentions, I would give one to Kyle, Seth, Mason, and even Tyler (anyone whose throat can commit a foul against someone else's forearm deserves it).

ncexnyc
02-20-2011, 11:18 PM
I voted for Tyler. His little dust-up with Shumpert got Coach K's blood flowing and that was clearly the turning point of the game.

Newton_14
02-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I went with Nolan. He hung 28, 7, 4, and 2 on Tech, while battling thru early foul trouble and hounding Shumpert all night long. Honorable mention to Kyle who shut down Rice Jr, and bouncing back with 14 and 9. The guy is a tireless worker. The dunk on the break was sweet.

One thing on Shumpert. This was my first time seeing him in person and he is much bigger than I realized. He is a big, strong kid. He will definitely be a player on the next level. I never really notice how big he is watching on tv. Thug-ery aside, the guy can play.

Shout out to Mason, Seth, and Ryan as well. All 3 played well in supporting roles. The crowd was a bit off our game though (Crazies & Crusties). Got loud at times, but definitely a post-UNC game hangover. Hope we bounce back against Temple and Clemson.

DevilWearsPrada
02-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Many of the boys were great contributors in this great ACC win over the Bumble Bees. Mason showed "flashes of great basketball", and Ryan and Seth were contributing in high fashion. Kyle gave great defense, and played some beautiful basketball. I wish more of Kyle's shots would fall, for him.

But NOLAN WENT TOO WORK!!! Nolan got N HIS ZONE, and bedeviled all of the Bumble Bees, by swatting them down. Nolan is the leader of this Duke Team, and carries his teammates and Leads by Example.

The 2 guys behind me were shooting the entire 2nd half
"GET IT NOLAN", and the small child on the row, had his sign "NOLAN's ROLLING"

NdotSmitty is Mr Consistent and persistent for the Blue Devils. I give Nolan Smith 5 TRIDENTS FOR GAME PLAY AND MOTM.

and as always,

GO DuKe!

UpNorthDevil
02-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Without a doubt it's Nolan "Noel 34 inch in rare" Smith. National Player of the Year for my money!!!

PADukeMom
02-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I have voted for Nolan so many times I am voting for Kyle. This was his break-out game!

Bob Green
02-21-2011, 01:46 PM
This was his break-out game!

I hope not. Kyle Singler shot 5-14 from the field.

gwncnc
02-21-2011, 02:04 PM
If points was all that counted it would be Smith. I voted for kyle because of all of the hustle plays he made.

rasputin
02-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I voted for Thornton. His defense was a key factor in turning around the deficit in the first half, and he had a solid game overall.