PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke v. Georgia Tech 2/20 Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

MChambers
02-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Back to the most important basketball topic, the next game! Georgia Tech is one of the weakest teams in the ACC, but did whomp our honored rivals a few weeks back. Like UVa, GT doesn't have much of an inside game. Hoping for a strong Duke performance for 40 minutes. I'd like to see the beginning of Kyle's offensive resurgence. Also, it was this weekend a year ago that Zoubs had his breakout game. I'm hoping our bigs channel the Zoubeard effect on Sunday.

sagegrouse
02-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Back to the most important basketball topic, the next game! Georgia Tech is one of the weakest teams in the ACC, but did whomp our honored rivals a few weeks back. Like UVa, GT doesn't have much of an inside game. Hoping for a strong Duke performance for 40 minutes. I'd like to see the beginning of Kyle's offensive resurgence. Also, it was this weekend a year ago that Zoubs had his breakout game. I'm hoping our bigs channel the Zoubeard effect on Sunday.

Questions to consider:

1. Without Brian Oliver (out for three weeks), GT is a two-man show: Iman Shumpert and Glen Rice, Jr. are 1-2 in points (17.4, 14.0), rebounds, (6.2, 5.6) and assists (3.4, 2.8). How does Duke guard these dangerous players, both 6-5?

2. A related question: with Tech not having much size or experience in the front court, does Duke play primarily a three-guard offense?

3. Kyle had the worst night of his college career against UVa. Do the Devils run the offense through Kyle to get him back on track?

4. The perennial question: Assuming Nolan and Kyle are on form, who is third scorer? Seth, Mason, Ryan or even Andre?

sagegrouse

MarkD83
02-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Questions to consider:

4. The perennial question: Assuming Nolan and Kyle are on form, who is third scorer? Seth, Mason, Ryan or even Andre?

sagegrouse

Now that we are 26 games into the season I don't expect either Mason or Ryan to score 20 points by themselves on any given night. Andre or Seth could because of the three pointer. Instead I don't mind if the combination of Mason, Ryan and Miles score 15+ points and get 15+ rebounds.

Here is what that trio has done in the past few games:

Md 15 pts / 16 rebounds
NCSU 19 / 19
UNC 10 / 24
Mia 27 / 12
UVA 22 / 20

There is your "third scorer". In each game Miles tends to score less and rebound more and Ryan and Mason trade off on being the high scorer.

I'll take that especially since Duke's inside game is not the focus of the offense.

1 24 90
02-18-2011, 08:12 PM

If I may be so bold, Zoubek's breakout game was against Maryland on 2/13/10, also Coach K's birthday and his 1000th game at Duke. I was fortunate to be able to attend that game and it was AWESOME!

MChambers
02-18-2011, 08:50 PM
If I may be so bold, Zoubek's breakout game was against Maryland on 2/13/10, also Coach K's birthday and his 1000th game at Duke. I was fortunate to be able to attend that game and it was AWESOME!
We're both right, in the sense that you're right about the date. I was referring to the fact that Zoubs's big game was on the Presidents' Day weekend.

Kedsy
02-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Now that we are 26 games into the season I don't expect either Mason or Ryan to score 20 points by themselves on any given night.

Since Mason and Ryan have each already scored 20+ points in a game, I'm not sure why you're so quick to discount the possibility. Not saying it's likely, but it could happen on "any given night."

Agree with your main point, though. The three of them have been supplying decent enough numbers in the aggregate.

Atldukie79
02-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Prevailing wisdom suggests that Duke will win running away. I tend to agree. I can report that ALL of my local Atlanta Tech fans are livid about the $7 million handcuffs that Hewitt's contract represents. They are not supporting the team. There were more UNC colors in Alexander for the Tech/UNC game than Tech old gold. With a renovation of Alexander taking Tech out of their homecourt next year, there is much speculation as to when Hewitt gets bought out...before next years "homeless" season or after.

In any case, the consensus is that he is a goner.

Which leads to this...the only chance I see that Tech upsets Duke is if they play out of their minds...perhaps for a beleaguered coach....though I have seen no signs of that yet.

As an aside, I had the priviledge of coaching Glen Rice when he was a 9th grader and his Mom had him play with my 11th and 12th grade rec league team. (She was a delightful lady) It is fun to watch him progress. His best trait (then and now) is that he SEES the game and makes things happen for other players on his team. Sneaky good. Not necessarily smooth, but anticipates well. He used to get visibly perturbed when teammates drop his passes. I think he is getting better at tht though...

Forgive my rambling...to the point...I say Duke by 20.

OldPhiKap
02-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Prevailing wisdom suggests that Duke will win running away. I tend to agree. I can report that ALL of my local Atlanta Tech fans are livid about the $7 million handcuffs that Hewitt's contract represents. They are not supporting the team. There were more UNC colors in Alexander for the Tech/UNC game than Tech old gold. With a renovation of Alexander taking Tech out of their homecourt next year, there is much speculation as to when Hewitt gets bought out...before next years "homeless" season or after.

In any case, the consensus is that he is a goner.

Which leads to this...the only chance I see that Tech upsets Duke is if they play out of their minds...perhaps for a beleaguered coach....though I have seen no signs of that yet.

As an aside, I had the priviledge of coaching Glen Rice when he was a 9th grader and his Mom had him play with my 11th and 12th grade rec league team. (She was a delightful lady) It is fun to watch him progress. His best trait (then and now) is that he SEES the game and makes things happen for other players on his team. Sneaky good. Not necessarily smooth, but anticipates well. He used to get visibly perturbed when teammates drop his passes. I think he is getting better at tht though...

Forgive my rambling...to the point...I say Duke by 20.

Paul Hewitt: doing more with less since 1999.

(give or take, I forget exactly).

Mark Bradley has been on his butt for years, and about two months ago had a great article about how Tech cannot afford to keep him due to the renovations and lack of local/alum support. Brutal.

I don't often call for a wallop, but if we play halfway decent we should stomp them at home. They are talented, but thin and lacking real coaching.

Imagine how good GT could have been the last six or seven years if they had a coach.

MarkD83
02-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Since Mason and Ryan have each already scored 20+ points in a game, I'm not sure why you're so quick to discount the possibility. Not saying it's likely, but it could happen on "any given night."

Agree with your main point, though. The three of them have been supplying decent enough numbers in the aggregate.

Maybe I should rephrase...it does not conern me when either Ryan or Mason don't score 20. That is, by themselves they do not have to score 20 points a night for Duke to win.

Saratoga2
02-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Maybe I should rephrase...it does not conern me when either Ryan or Mason don't score 20. That is, by themselves they do not have to score 20 points a night for Duke to win.

For most of the season, Duke got 40 + points from the combination of Nolan and Kyle with Nolan taking an increasing share of the 40 + as the season has moved on. I looked for at least 15 from the combination of Andre, Seth and Tyler with Mason, Ryan and Miles also getting at least 15. Duke's defense, when operating normally should hold all but the stronger teams to 70 or below.

For the most part that has worked out pretty well except in games like St John when our defense broke down and also FSU. The main concern is for Kyle to return closer to his early season form. His shooting percentage has been low in many of the recent games and in his last he just didn't seem healthy. Hope that if he has a health problem that he is on the road to recovery.

NSDukeFan
02-19-2011, 10:28 AM

(give or take, I forget exactly).

Mark Bradley has been on his butt for years, and about two months ago had a great article about how Tech cannot afford to keep him due to the renovations and lack of local/alum support. Brutal.

I don't often call for a wallop, but if we play halfway decent we should stomp them at home. They are talented, but thin and lacking real coaching.

Imagine how good GT could have been the last six or seven years if they had a coach.

I have to agree with you here. I very rarely expect a blow out in conference, but this is the game I have been least afraid of since conference play started (except Wake, of course.) I would be disappointed if Duke is not up by double digits at half and Hairston doesn't play at least 5 minutes.

Bob Green
02-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Questions to consider:

3. Kyle had the worst night of his college career against UVa. Do the Devils run the offense through Kyle to get him back on track?

sagegrouse

Once again you've posted some great questions to discuss.

Yes. Kyle needs to be a focus of our offense in every game. We will always attempt to achieve open looks for Kyle by having him run curls, and when he has a size advantage over his defender Kyle will look to post up. After going 0-10 from the floor and scoring only five points in the Elite Eight win over Baylor last season, Singler responded with 21 points in the Semi-Finals win over West Virginia. I expect his offense will be fine tomorrow against Georgia Tech.

There is your "third scorer". In each game Miles tends to score less and rebound more and Ryan and Mason trade off on being the high scorer.

I'll take that especially since Duke's inside game is not the focus of the offense.

I agree. Our big men are really stepping up and getting it done, which makes one wonder why they take so much abuse in the media and from fans on message boards. An improvement I have noticed in recent games is converting offensive rebounds into points as our big guys have kicked the ball out to an open shooter with more regularity.

I believe you meant to say, Paul Hewitt: doing less with more since 1999.

For most of the season, Duke got 40 + points from the combination of Nolan and Kyle with Nolan taking an increasing share of the 40 + as the season has moved on. I looked for at least 15 from the combination of Andre, Seth and Tyler with Mason, Ryan and Miles also getting at least 15.

Your numbers are close to reality for conference play. In 12 ACC games, Duke is averaging 76.1 points per game, while holding opponents to 63.1 points.

Nolan and Kyle combined are averaging 39 points per game; Andre, Seth and Tyler are combining for 18.7 points per game; and Mason, Ryan and Miles are combining for 17.7 points per game.

Olympic Fan
02-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Just a couple of notes:

-- Georgia Tech has had a few moments of excellence this season ... at home. On the road, they have been absolutely awful. At home, they are 3-3 and have beaten UNC and Virginia Tech (along with a 34-point beatdown of Wake). On the road, they are 0-5 and were only close in a two-point loss at Miami. A year ago, Tech was 6-2 at home and 1-7 on the road.
And in their only two road non-conference games this season, they lost by 20 at Northwestern and by 17 at Kennesaw State.
If the game was in Atlanta, they would have a slim chance. In Cameron, no chance.

-- Before you rip too much on Hewitt, give him one thing -- he has had remarkable success against UNC. Overall, he's 9-11 against the Tar Heels, but that includes an 0-4 start in the rivalry. Since losing the first matchup in 2001-02, he's won 9 of 16, including the last three in a row from the Heels. Easily the best win for the Jackets this year is their 20-point beatdown of UNC in Atlanta. He's 8-7 head-to-head with Roy Williams!

-- Whoever said Hewitt was doing less with more since '99 is off a couple of years. His first season at Tech was 2001 (he was pretty good his last two years at Siena, going 25-6 and 24-9 in 1999-2000). And I think his first four or five years at Georgia Tech were fine. He was ACC Coach of the Year in 2001 when he took a team that was 13-17 (5-11) under Bobby Cremins and with almost the same lineup, guided them to 17 wins (8-8 ACC) and an NCAA bid. He was pretty much at .500 the next two years (which was still better than what he inherited), but his 2004 team won 28 games and played in the national title game. Even 2005 wasn't so bad - 20 wins and another NCAA trip with a totally rebuilt team.
It's only been the last five years that Hewitt has really been underachieving. He's made two NCAA trips in that span, just barely getting in with some talented one-and-done players.

-- Yeah, he should be gone, but there's some talk that they will keep him one more year so the new coach doesn't have to start with a homeless team. Plus, Georgia Tech has one more year of payments to make to former football coach Chan Gailey before he comes off the books. Not saying Hewitt shouldn't get the axe, but circumstances might buy him one more year.

We should know soon after the season. I'm told that unless he's terminated in writing by March 16, the automatic rollover in his contract kicks in and they owe him for another year!

OldPhiKap
02-19-2011, 12:33 PM
I believe you meant to say, Paul Hewitt: doing less with more since 1999.

Yup, my bad.

loran16
02-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Can you imagine what would've happened had he taken the St. John's job?

Red Storm fans appear to have gotten very lucky that he didn't take it.

sandinmyshoes
02-19-2011, 12:51 PM
The only way I can see us losing this game is if we go stone cold from the three point arc, and they have the hottest collective shooting of their careers from the arc.

Thinking about Hewitt. Remember when he took his team to the FF? So many of us thought he was going to make GaTech a power to contend with.

I've always bought into the theory that a good coach can get caught up in a some external factors that make him look better or worse than he is. There is almost a kind of critical mass within a program that can be reach and it will either propel it to success or stop it in its tracks.

That's why sometimes successful coaches take new jobs and fall flat on their faces. Or struggling coaches are fired and suddenly are successful in their next job.

Seems Hewitt should keep an eye out for phoenix syndrome job.

moonpie23
02-20-2011, 10:40 AM
The only way I can see us losing this game is if .....

we score less points than Ga Tech....

BUMP!!!

come on folks...it's GAME DAY!!!!

Olympic Fan
02-20-2011, 10:53 AM
In DBR's front-page summary of the game, they cite Georgia Tech's last ACC road win as at BC in 2008.

That's not right -- they won at North Carolina last season -- 77-67 on Feb. 24.

Can't forget how awful UNC's 2010 season was!

SMO
02-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Anyone know if tonight's game will be on Cablevision in North NJ? MSG perhaps?

Jarhead
02-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Anyone know if tonight's game will be on Cablevision in North NJ? MSG perhaps?
It will be on Fox Sports South, so check your local listings.

Bob Green
02-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Georgia Tech plays a 3-guard line-up so I expect we will see 6'5" Glen Rice, Jr. guarding Kyle Singler. With Singler's size advantage, I'll be watching to see Duke invert the offense by having Ryan Kelly pull his defender out to the 3-point line while Singler posts up Rice inside. This should result in both easy close baskets for Singler and wide open 3-pointers for Kelly when his defender is forced to double down on Kyle.

Georgia Tech is quick and leads the ACC in steals so it will be important to value the basketball today. I suspect Tyler Thornton will see significant minutes today to assist with ball handling duties against the pesky Yellow Jackets defense.

diveonthefloor
02-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Given the positivity of Kyrie's tweets and Facebook postings, I wonder whether we may even see Kyrie in a warmup uniform tonight?

Newton_14
02-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Given the positivity of Kyrie's tweets and Facebook postings, I wonder whether we may even see Kyrie in a warmup uniform tonight?

I would not count that out as a possibility. I will be there and hoping we see just that. Cameron Indoor will explode if Kyrie comes out in uniform during pre-game warmups. We are about 4 hours or so from seeing if the "buzz" is real. And I am not talking about Yellow Jackets...

I was there the night Hurley came trotting out for pre-game warm ups after his injury. The crowd went nuts.

Duke Reed
02-20-2011, 02:37 PM
With the new ESPN ACC contract going into effect next season, is this the last time we see Duke on Fox SN Sunday night for a long, long time? And with that Brando and G-Man? Just curious.

DukieInBrasil
02-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Since every team ranked ahead of Duke has lost this past week, does Duke have a chance to reclaim #1 with a victory (or, perhaps a victoery)? I'm not saying that being #1 at this point is the goal, but it's still fun.
If Kyrie plays and Duke wins, I think the voters might look on KI's presence as enough reason to put the Devils at the top spot.
If KI doesn't play and Duke wins, I think the voters might keep Kansas as the #1 b/c 4 spots is a long way for Duke to jump.
I was surprised to hear the rumor about Kyrie perhaps suiting up for tonight although I always thought that coach K's assesment of The Toe was always publicly overly pessimistic, although that's the way he had to play it cuz he didn't want everyone to expect him back as quickly as possible and then come down on him or KI if that turned out not to be the case.

Bob Green
02-20-2011, 04:25 PM
If Kyrie plays...

I believe the chance of Kyrie playing is slim to none and slim just slipped out the door. Of course, that's just my opinion.

I'd be satisfied to see him dressed out and participating in warm up drills.

Spy
02-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Iman Shumpert has been a beast so far this year. He leads GT in pts, reb, as, and steals. About a month ago, he was 2 steals away from a quadruple-double. If he doesn't have a huge game GT doesn't really stand a chance.

PADukeMom
02-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Why is it every time we play Georgia Tech it feels more like a football game rather than a basketball game?

Bob Green
02-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Why is it every time we play Georgia Tech it feels more like a football game rather than a basketball game?

Georgia Tech plays physical and they're chippy. They seem to take their chippy attitude to another level when playing Duke. I fully expect there to be an unnecessarily rough foul or confrontation at some time during today's game, and Glen Rice, Jr. will be right in the middle of the play.

PADukeMom
02-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Okay guys refresh my feeble memory. What team where we playing, it was either GT or Wake I "think", where there was a rough foul on Trajan & he ended up with stitches on his chin? I believe he came back into the game & went on a scoring frenzy.

timmy c
02-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Anyone have an internet link for the game tonight?

Thanks!

FloorSlapper
02-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Anyone know if there's a live stream of the game online somewhere?

DMV2434
02-20-2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.justin.tv/cbball

nocilla
02-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Anyone know if there's a live stream of the game online somewhere?
http://www.justin.tv/cbball#/w/888164064

TNDukeFan
02-20-2011, 07:50 PM
And we have our first phantom foul on Kyle.

riverside6
02-20-2011, 07:55 PM
live tempo-based stats for the game here...

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=7073

slower
02-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Looks like yet another first-half stinker.

SMO
02-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Looks like yet another first-half stinker.

It's early, but Karl Hess brought his Duke hate tonight. What a tool.

Gthoma2a
02-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Refs are trying to hose us!

I love Coach K's passion, though!

SMO
02-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Refs are trying to hose us!

I love Coach K's passion, though!

Curry gets fouled 3 times and they call the 3rd one.

hsheffield
02-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Who got the t?

Ps I paid for the premium app advertised on go duke and it won't let me listen to the game as advertised. It was on the list to start with and now has disappeared on both my iPhone and iPad.

Any ideas?

SMO
02-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Who got the t?

Ps I paid for the premium app advertised on go duke and it won't let me listen to the game as advertised. It was on the list to start with and now has disappeared on both my iPhone and iPad.

Any ideas?

Coach K. He was dissatisfied with the proctology job the officials have been pulling this evening.

pfrduke
02-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Who got the t?

K got the T after Shumpert ran his forearm through Thornton's face and Ty got called for the foul. Which came the play after Nolan got called for "pushing off" without ever extending his arm.

gwlaw99
02-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Coach K. He was dissatisfied with the proctology job the officials have been pulling this evening.

In all fairness, Tyler did foul that guys elbow with his face.

Duke79UNLV77
02-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Isn't it a point of emphasis not to let guys use their heads to hit into flailing elbows? I can see why the called that on Thornton.

dairedevil
02-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Georgia Tech plays physical and they're chippy. They seem to take their chippy attitude to another level when playing Duke. I fully expect there to be an unnecessarily rough foul or confrontation at some time during today's game, and Glen Rice, Jr. will be right in the middle of the play.

One of the reasons I'm not fond of Paul Hewitt - it seems like his game plan is to play physical, the refs can't call EVERY foul. Maybe we'll get lucky and disrupt their game plan, frustrate them into silly fouls and get their guys in foul trouble, too. Hey- might even get a T on Coach K! Duke / Tech games can get really, really ugly, and technicals are not a rare occurrence.

lotusland
02-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Ball movement has been pretty good for the last 10 mimutes of the half but we arwe giving up easy baskets on the other end. I can't put my finger on where the breakdown is but something is off on D.

DukeHoo
That foul against Thornton (followed by the tech) might be one of the more egregious bad calls I've seen. Apparently, getting elbowed in the face is the fault of the recipient

slower

If only Maurice Lucas had a son playing for Duke. I'd love to see Rice get "chippy" with HIM and get scraped off the court in little pieces.

Although, I think if Rice picks a fight with the wrong guy (Singler, or even Thornton) tonight, his teeth may end up a little chippy.

SMO
02-20-2011, 08:35 PM
That foul against Thornton (followed by the tech) might be one of the more egregious bad calls I've seen. Apparently, getting elbowed in the face is the fault of the recipient

...and I thought Katie Couric's was the only colonoscopy I'd ever see on TV. That was a brutal call.

epoulsen
02-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm liking what I see here. I like Thorton at the point allowing Nolan to do what he does, but more importantly we're seeing a team effort, not the Nolan Smith Show featuring the Duke Blue Devils. I like that lineup that we had in prior to the half

gwlaw99
02-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Maason is looking as under control on offense as I have ever seen him. The first short jumper actually looked smooth. Looks like he is really putting some work in

hsheffield
02-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Since I can't hear anything, is there any mention of Kyrie?

dairedevil
02-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Interesting...
At 10:31 - questionable charge called on Nolan Smith
At 10:16 - horrible foul called on Tyler Thornton
At 10:16 - Technical foul called on Duke bench (Coach K)
from then until halftime, ZERO fouls called on Duke.

boy, that will get the conspiracy theorists in a tizzy.

wsb3
02-20-2011, 08:42 PM
I thought Tyler had an excellent first half and maybe as good a stretch all round as I can recall. Mason made some good plays and I loved his drive and kick to an open Curry for 3.

Brando kept saying that Coach K was not as upset about the call in front of him as the call on Nolan at the other end. Really...I try to watch replays very objectively and often i go from being irate to nodding and saying yes they got it right..but that one in front of Coach K it was worth the tech all on its own merit.

toughbuff1
02-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Who got the t?

Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure it was Daniel Ewing.

moonpie23
02-20-2011, 08:46 PM
someone yelled ZOUBEK and hess immediately called the foul.....

man, what is the deal!!!!????? they are letting tech bash us!!

SMO
02-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Interesting...
At 10:31 - questionable charge called on Nolan Smith
At 10:16 - horrible foul called on Tyler Thornton
At 10:16 - Technical foul called on Duke bench (Coach K)
from then until halftime, ZERO fouls called on Duke.

boy, that will get the conspiracy theorists in a tizzy.

Duke gets all the calls. It says so in The DaVinci Code.

Andre Buckner Fan
02-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Duke gets all the calls. It says so in The DaVinci Code.

I had no idea Dan Brown graduated from UNC. :cool:

hsheffield
02-20-2011, 09:05 PM
What just hPpened to Kyle? He was mauled and still no foul?

SMO
02-20-2011, 09:05 PM

He didn't. He unexpectedly transferred after 1 year.

Jderf
02-20-2011, 09:06 PM

With that highly coveted symbology degree. :cool:

SMO
02-20-2011, 09:22 PM
If we get out of this w/o a serious injury or suspension I'll be happy. The officals are now letting it get out of hand.

Acymetric
02-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Welve now moved on from phantom fouls to phantom travels guess...

hsheffield
02-20-2011, 09:31 PM
I thought for a minute there that Nolan had gotten him in a very private place

dairedevil
02-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Lost a little of the intensity on offense in the last few minutes..don't want them to get lazy and sloppy just because we're so far ahead.

Well, Nolan's gotten a couple of buckets on the last trips down the floor. Good.

dukebballcamper90-91
02-20-2011, 09:32 PM
What was that chant the crazies were chanting right before shumpert got hurt with about 6 left to play? It sounded like a soccer match

dukebluelemur
02-20-2011, 09:34 PM
What was that chant the crazies were chanting right before shumpert got hurt with about 6 left to play? It sounded like a soccer match

I assume it was a response to the kicked ball by GT on the prior play.

dukebballcamper90-91
02-20-2011, 09:35 PM
I loved hearing that. I watch barclay matches just for that.

MartyClark
02-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Good game! The team is playing well, Nolan in particular.

Andre has not gotten much playing time and, when in, has not looked good. What's going on with this guy? He has had a very bad stretch.

SMO
02-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Good game! The team is playing well, Nolan in particular.

Andre has not gotten much playing time and, when in, has not looked good. What's going on with this guy? He has had a very bad stretch.

And right on cue he comes into the game and gives up a break-away dunk off a sloppy pass.

DukieInBrasil
02-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Nolan = NPOY.
It looks like Kendall Marshall is probably going to be able to pass Nolan for the assists title in the ACC, as KM had 8 vs BC while Nolan has 4 tonight. Ain't nobody passing Nolan for the scoring title though.