PDA

View Full Version : Eat my dust, Throaty!!!

JasonEvans
06-25-2007, 07:07 PM
I had not been trying to do this but I just happened to notice by accident that Throatybeard is no longer the most frequent posted on the new DBR boards.

--Jason "I am not sure if I should be proud or embarassed... probably both" Evans

madscavenger
06-26-2007, 06:47 AM
When will the bumper stickers be out?

throatybeard
06-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Embarrassed. You should be embarrassed. I know I am.

I've been moving, so my access to the internet isn't what it used to be.

elvis14
06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't have anything to add, I just wanted to go ahead and boost my post count by one :D

pfrduke
06-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I had not been trying to do this but I just happened to notice by accident that Throatybeard is no longer the most frequent posted on the new DBR boards.

--Jason "I am not sure if I should be proud or embarassed... probably both" Evans

"Just happened to notice by accident"? riiiiiiiight.... ;)

feldspar
06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
"Just happened to notice by accident"? riiiiiiiight.... ;)

Seriously. At least I'm willing to admit that I shamelessly covet the top spot. And I will get there some day.

It should be noted that throaty and Jason have a distinct advantage in that they have the moderator's board that they post to on a regular basis. Take away that and let's see how the numbers stack up.

:D

JasonEvans
06-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Seriously. At least I'm willing to admit that I shamelessly covet the top spot. And I will get there some day.

It should be noted that throaty and Jason have a distinct advantage in that they have the moderator's board that they post to on a regular basis. Take away that and let's see how the numbers stack up.

:D

Puh-lease!! I have maybe 20 total posts on the Mod board... maybe.

You only want the top spot so you can see what the various titles are when you get to certain posting levels. I will tell you one thing-- we are working on a really, really cool change to the posting titles. I hope it comes on line soon. It will be a subtle but very cool change.

-Jason "I'd guess 95% of my posts are just to the main and off-topic boards" Evans

feldspar
06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Puh-lease!! I have maybe 20 total posts on the Mod board... maybe.

-Jason "I'd guess 95% of my posts are just to the main and off-topic boards" Evans

Hmmm. Okay. Point accepted.

Although, there's no WAY that throaty posts as much as you on the public boards. He's definitely padding his stats over on the mod board.

Clipsfan
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Hmmm. Okay. Point accepted.

Although, there's no WAY that throaty posts as much as you on the public boards. He's definitely padding his stats over on the mod board.

Possible, although I think he normally posts a ton of these boards, but his lack of access to the internet has harmed this recently. Really, do people care about post counts all that much?

JBDuke
06-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Wanna keep someone from surpassing your post count? For the bargain price of $0.25 per post, I will go back and delete old posts from your target, thereby reducing their post count and helping you get or keep your post position. Send a PM for more details...

[Gotta find SOME way to make this moderator gig pay off....];)

-jk
06-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Hmm. No, we don't post that much on the Mod board. In fact, we frequently go days without a post.

Jason and Throaty did it the old fashioned way: lots of mindless drivel<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<insightful, critical dialogue on the off topic board. ;)

-jk

throatybeard
06-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I think I have in the neighborhood of 50 posts on the mod board. I'm not going to go and count.

I have so many posts because 3/4 of them are smart-aleck, 2-line retorts. :(

Clipsfan
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
I think I have in the neighborhood of 50 posts on the mod board. I'm not going to go and count.

I have so many posts because 3/4 of them are smart-aleck, 2-line retorts. :(

I love how all these conversations about posting are really just thinly veiled excuses to increase post counts.

Have a thought on that Jason or Throaty?

feldspar
06-27-2007, 02:51 PM
They probably don't, but I do. :D