PDA

View Full Version : ESPN SportsTravel feature on Cameron

SuperTurkey
02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Apologies if this has been linked already, but this is a fun travel guide to Cameron (http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=6062969).

loran16
02-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Apologies if this has been linked already, but this is a fun travel guide to Cameron (http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=6062969).

As I commented on the article, something's off here. The photos linked in it are from 2009 at latest (old mascot, old scoreboard), and the only part of the article that identifies a date is a quote from a student in the class of 2010 (who, if i'm not mistaken, was the head line monitor last year).

In other words, the whole article rings suspiciously like it was written last year and totally recycled.

(There's also the preppy myth and the notion that Duke students do their work on iPads, but whatever).

SuperTurkey
02-17-2011, 06:25 PM
As I commented on the article, something's off here. The photos linked in it are from 2009 at latest (old mascot, old scoreboard), and the only part of the article that identifies a date is a quote from a student in the class of 2010 (who, if i'm not mistaken, was the head line monitor last year).

In other words, the whole article rings suspiciously like it was written last year and totally recycled.

(There's also the preppy myth and the notion that Duke students do their work on iPads, but whatever).

Agreed. The date on the article said that it was updated yesterday, but there's no original date. I did a quick search of DBR to see if it had been posted previously but didn't find anything with the same URL at least.

blueduke59
02-17-2011, 09:37 PM

There's also only 3 NCAA banners hanging in the last photo

DukeDevilDeb
02-17-2011, 09:40 PM
There's also only 3 NCAA banners hanging in the last photo

It says:

By Doug Ward
Special to ESPN Sports Travel
Archive

Definitely something they dug out to "fill space!"

NSDukeFan
02-18-2011, 10:08 AM
It says:

By Doug Ward
Special to ESPN Sports Travel
Archive

Definitely something they dug out to "fill space!"

Fortunately, except for not being the most current article, I thought it was a great space filler.

Dev11
02-18-2011, 10:21 AM
The photos, I think, range from 4 years ago (the last time Wisconsin played in Cameron) to at least one this season (Kyle and Nolan in this year's uniforms).