PDA

View Full Version : JJ's not the only poet

jennybee
02-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi All: Long time reader, first time poster here. Not sure if this is appropriate, but Deadspin linked to NC State’s C.J. Leslie’s Valentine’s Day Poem today. I found it....amusing.

http://deadspin.com/#!5763288

Also, since it is my first time posting, just wanted to say thanks for being there DBR. How would I get through my days without you!

BlueDevilBaby
02-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Poor JJ is taking a beating lately, having been juked to floor twice recently and then named by ESPN Page 2 as one of the 25 dorkiest athletes in history - just because he writes poetry and went to Duke. Page 2 seems to think many Duke Bball players are dorky. Good thing they did not include Patrick, Nate or Christian in the Duke list.

weezie
02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
NC State’s C.J. Leslie’s Valentine’s Day Poem

How very charming. I'm sure his family is thrilled.

DevilWearsPrada
02-17-2011, 06:24 PM
I like JJ's poetry Better.

How in the world, did CJ's class assignment get online, and make its way to DBR? lol

cato
02-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Having participated in many poetry workshops at Duke, and edited a literary magazine, I can assure you that Leslie's (if it's his) poetry is actually pretty good (and even tasteful) compared to some of the stuff college kids turn out.

HK Dukie
02-20-2011, 04:10 AM
Actually that was a pretty funny poem. You gotta give it an A.

Much much better than poor Blake...

" Johnny Rockets, a restaurant that brings people happiness."

"One thing I do like is that you get a good amount of a chocolate shake if you order one."

"Like the movie Afluenza, people expect good service and good food from the big food chains, but once the get the service they are not satisfied. At Johnny Rockets your expectations are met"

" I think the chrome makes things look good."

Lord Ash
02-21-2011, 12:28 AM
It is NOT better than Johnny Rockets. Johnny Rockets was the best. Ever. It brought me happiness, partially because of the colors (red, black, white) and partially because it was wonderful.

weezie
02-21-2011, 11:30 AM
It is NOT better than Johnny Rockets. Johnny Rockets was the best. Ever. It brought me happiness, partially because of the colors (red, black, white) and partially because it was wonderful.

I agree LA. Come on people, who doesn't want a good amount in your chocolate shake?
Especially if you order one?!!! It's a matter of fairness and reliability, of truth, justice and the American Way.
Still, and always the best.

pamtar
02-26-2011, 05:45 PM
I love JJ and follow the Magic quite closely, BUT, his poetry was pretty darn bad...

El_Diablo
02-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Everything in this thread is better than Tyler Hansbrough's freestyling:

Give the ball to
The tower of power
Pass it back out
Watch my main man Bobby
Drain threes like
He's in the shower

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3863592