PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke at Maryland

wandalee
02-17-2011, 08:45 AM
These 2 teams meet up again at 7:30 tonight. It looks like it's not on TV anywhere, which is too bad since these 2 teams always battle it out against each other. This would be a big road win for Duke to pick up.

-bdbd
02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Here's a little pre-game write-up from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/16/AR2011021605946.html

It seems that the Terp women are a bit down these days, after a few recent losses. But make no mistake, they will be "up" for Duke. And their home crowd will be as loud and "classy" as usual. This will be a good gut check for the lady Devils.

4decadedukie
02-17-2011, 02:36 PM
For any in the DC area, the game will be covered (WMUC, AM and FM) on UMd's student radio station.

DevilWearsPrada
02-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Can we get a link to watch the game online??? Go Lady Blue Devils!!

DevilWearsPrada
02-17-2011, 09:16 PM
The girls started off well. Then MD got ahead. 3 girls have the flu.

I listened on Duke radio and followed the stats. The Twerps have been leading the Duke girls since most of the first half.

Dadgumit!

stillcrazie
02-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Just saw the final score. Would like to hear observations from anyone who saw/heard the game.

DevilWearsPrada
02-17-2011, 10:27 PM
I listened to duke radio and had live stats pulled up online.

Chelsea Gray did not travel...... flu. Christmas recovering from flu. Allison feeling sickly with symptoms of the flu. (thats why I was wondering if Singler has symptoms of the flu last night).

Duke started off with the lead.... and then MD started roaring back with about 10 minutes in the first half. And the rest is history.

MD kept extending that lead. And Duke never recovered.

With the flu and several girls benched with illness or symptoms. At least its not during the tournament. Duke Girls are now tied in 1st place with miami girls.

For standing go to theacc.com

I love how the Duke announcers Call Maryland "The TURTLES". More pronounced like The TURDles. Thats how it sounded on the radio.

GET WELL LADIES!!! Chicken soup! and rest and water.

Next game. Sunday at noon Let Go Duke!

msdukie
02-17-2011, 10:53 PM
As my father said to me while watching the game, at least one thing was in common with all of Duke's wins - it was ugly to watch.

Regardless of the flu, tonight's performance was awful and indicative of this coaching staff's extreme deficiencies in coaching offense.

stillcrazie
02-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Hate to say it but I saw this loss coming. The team in general has been playing with less intensity since the Miami game, and you have to bring it vs. MD. Let's hope they recover from whatever illness they have and get their mojo back.

uh_no
02-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Regardless of the flu, tonight's performance was awful and indicative of this coaching staff's extreme deficiencies in coaching offense.

I'm not sure that's fair. I'll be the first to criticize this team's offense (and have done so several times on this board) but to use a performance against a good team while missing so many pieces? I don't think you can criticize that.....its like getting mad at K if we lost to like maryland with nolan mason and seth out

-bdbd
02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure that's fair. I'll be the first to criticize this team's offense (and have done so several times on this board) but to use a performance against a good team while missing so many pieces? I don't think you can criticize that.....its like getting mad at K if we lost to like maryland with nolan mason and seth out

It'll be interesting to see how they are able to bounce back Sunday at home vs VPI. The good news is the next two games aren't the toughest of the year (VPI and UVA), before we host NC for the last game of the year in CIS (Sun., 2/27 @ 5PM). We have time to recover, probably. I'm more worried about confidence and maybe lack of momentum entering March. Get healthy ladies!!

:cool: