PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Smith Cam on ESPN3.com

UrinalCake
02-16-2011, 02:30 PM
I posted this in the pre-game thread but decided it deserved its own thread. For tonight's game ESPN3 will be carrying both the regular game broadcast as well as a separate "Nolan Smith Cam" feed in which they'll focus on Nolan the whole game. I can't wait! And I think I've finally found justification for buying another monitor so I can watch both streams at the same time.

rthomas
02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
http://img.wonderhowto.com/images/gfx/gallery/634331023196593405.jpg

All this time I thought Nolan had one of these.

COYS
02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
I posted this in the pre-game thread but decided it deserved its own thread. For tonight's game ESPN3 will be carrying both the regular game broadcast as well as a separate "Nolan Smith Cam" feed in which they'll focus on Nolan the whole game. I can't wait! And I think I've finally found justification for buying another monitor so I can watch both streams at the same time.

If you can't get a new monitor in time, you should also still be able to do the picture in picture mode with both the normal game feed and Nolan's. Or at least, that is how it has worked in the past.

Greg_Newton
02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Does anyone who uses ESPN3 regularly know how long it usually takes for Duke bball stuff to become available in the replay archive? It's usually 5-6 hours postgame for football, but I figure our basketball team might get more priority.

I asked because I was hoping to watch the two feeds simultaneously, but I'll be DVRing the game and watching it around 10PM.

juise
02-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Does anyone who uses ESPN3 regularly know how long it usually takes for Duke bball stuff to become available in the replay archive? It's usually 5-6 hours postgame for football, but I figure our basketball team might get more priority.

I asked because I was hoping to watch the two feeds simultaneously, but I'll be DVRing the game and watching it around 10PM.

I think it usually is available within an hour (maybe 30 minutes), so you should be good.

nocilla
02-16-2011, 07:23 PM
The best part is that during commercials you hear the UVA band instead of commercials. Would be real nice for games at Cameron, maybe hearing the crazies.

dukebsbll14
02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
pretty cool.

didn't they do this for JJ back on his senior night? If I remember there was the "Crazie-cam" or "Redick Camera"

PADukeMom
02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Gotta go check this out. I normally have the game on mute & watching Top Gear with my youngest son on his laptop.
SMH...how could I have a kid who isn't into sports....at least I got it right with my oldest.

NovaScotian
02-16-2011, 10:18 PM
pretty cool.

didn't they do this for JJ back on his senior night? If I remember there was the "Crazie-cam" or "Redick Camera"

i think it was the crazie cam. it was one of those weird experiments they did where espn had the game, espn2 had some other angle and espnu or espn classic or espn news would have the crazie cam. iirc, they also did a similar thing for some fsu-miami football game, and i'm not sure it was ever tried again.