PDA

View Full Version : Anybody's Tournament

DukeWarhead
02-14-2011, 11:51 PM
With KU going down hard at K-State, it really seems like just about anyteam in the top 20 has a chance to make the final four this year. There are only three weeks left until conference tourneys get going - and the picture is no clearer than two months ago. As Jay Bilas has said a number of times, there is no dominant team this year. Makes it exciting.
And that's why I think Duke is sitting pretty good as of now, even with some question marks about bigs play and consistency etc. Looking around the country, it's easy to say "Somebody has to win it...why not Duke??? A superstar leading an experienced, disciplined team with good depth and the best coach in the game sounds like it has a lot going for it." We shall see.
On another rather paranoid note, it also means that even UNC has a chance to go all the way - as much as I hate to admit it. A few weeks ago I was pretty sure they wouldn't last the first weekend of the tournament. Now, I'm not so sure.
Go Duke.

ACniner
02-15-2011, 02:44 AM
I agree, it is going to be a very interesting, upset filled tournament this year. I was actually messing around today, and looked at Lunardi's updated bracketology. Based on the way the teams are seeded there, I looked at Kenpom's data up to this point in the season. My elite 8 out of this group would be: Pitt. vs Purdue, Ohio State vs Duke, Kansas vs Georgetown, and Texas vs. Wisconsin. Who knows what will happen this year, but it will truly be march madness.

4decadedukie
02-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Warhead - Nice post; it is unusually exciting and (not that any of wager) can you imagine the difficulties of determining point spreads for this year's NCAA Tournament. Similarly, the Committee's job in establishing optimal brackets is bound to be particularly difficult with the parity that obviously exists in the top-eight, top-ten, even the top-sixteen. Maybe Billy Packer :( could lend his expertise.

flyingdutchdevil
02-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Great post. I could easily see this year's tourney turning out like last years - 3 #1 seeds fall before the Final 4 - and a #5 could easily make it to the NC game.

That's why March Madness is March Madness!