PDA

View Full Version : MOTM vs. Miami

JasonEvans
02-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Vote early and often ;)

-Jason

basket1544
02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I wish I could vote often. Every player deserves a vote of recognition on this one tonight!

JasonEvans
02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Personally, I went with Seth. Great game at both offensive and defensive end of the floor. His confidence is soaring and he is rapidly turning into the player we heard about dominating practices last year.

He has really quick hands, which is why he picked up so many steals tonight. But, he also showed his ballhandling skills.

And, of course, I think we all loved the way he took control of the team when Nolan went out with the eye injury. He has blossomed into a heck of a ballplayer lately. I think, at this point, he has shown himself to be clearly the 3rd best player on the team (at least until a certain freshman gets back on the court... I hope!).

--Jason "great game from so many guys though-- I love what Miles is bringing lately and Ryan busted out of his mini slump a bit tonight... oh, and Nolan's second half was sick" Evans

wilson
02-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Seth got my vote. This was his second straight big scoring night, but in terms of his overall play, I think this was his best game yet in a Duke uniform. He had a number of impressive steals, and he is quickly rounding into one of those players whom I simply trust in big moments, on whichever end of the court. He could well be developing into a very important weapon before our eyes.

gep
02-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Since essentially everyone agrees that the whole team had a very solid performance, I went with Tyler. I think those 6 straight FT's at the end of the game were ice. We knew Miami would foul at the end, and you'd think that Tyler (except for the Plumlee's, maybe) would be their target. But Tyler came through with flying colors... A+.

JasonEvans
02-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Worth noting-- Seth played 39 minutes, far and away his highest minute total of the season. Sure, it would probably have been a half dozen minutes less if Nolan had not been hurt, but that really shows K's confidence in his has grown tremendously.

--Jason "16 points on 10 shots is impressive... I wish he would shoot a little bit more ;) " Evans

basket1544
02-13-2011, 10:15 PM
I wish he would shoot a little bit more ;) " Evans

I think you will get that wish.

DukeUsul
02-13-2011, 10:46 PM
MOTM: The Blue Jerseys

devildeac
02-13-2011, 10:50 PM
I thought all the starters fared well but cast the ballot for Seth for his 39 excellent minutes which included 16 points on only 10 shots, 4 boards, running the team smoothly w/o Nolan for a while and a most impressive 5 steals. Miles and Tyler performed well in their reserve roles, too.

Wander
02-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Good example of why MOTM isn't necessarily the best player. Nolan was as usual the best guy on the floor, but Curry's game was noteworthy in context of Smith's temporary injury and is more valuable to our team in the long-run.

Law Prof
02-13-2011, 11:08 PM
I voted for Seth. You can't just look at stats; you also have to consider the player's impact on the game. IMO Seth made sure we won this one. Just a few games ago our offense would have stalled when Nolan went out with his injury. Tonight we kept going on offense, mainly due to the fact that Seth is no longer just hitting unguarded jumpers set up by Nolan and Kyle. He's become a scorer and not just a shooter, and he's also a more intergral part of the offense. He helps keep it moving.

pfrduke
02-13-2011, 11:34 PM
I voted for Seth, but feel like I can't do so without acknowledging Tyler's big 6-6 from the line down the stretch. Great clutch free throw shooting.

Greg_Newton
02-14-2011, 01:56 AM
Coach K voted for Curry in the press conference: "If you have an MVP for the game, you give it to Curry".

Bluedevil114
02-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Definitely impressed with the performance of Seth, Ryan and Tyler tonight. I thought each of them was very consistent throughtout their minutes.

I am a little concerned with Dawkins and his lack of minutes and looks like he was sulking on the bench midway through the second half. Everyone on the bench was going crazy when Nolan started getting going except for Dawkins.

wsb3
02-14-2011, 08:28 AM
I would have said I could not pick because it was such a team win but Coach K said Curry was the player of the game. He knows a bit more than I.:cool:

PADukeMom
02-14-2011, 09:29 AM
MOTM: The Blue Jerseys

I agree with that however I voted for Seth.

TampaDuke
02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Definitely impressed with the performance of Seth, Ryan and Tyler tonight. I thought each of them was very consistent throughtout their minutes.

I am a little concerned with Dawkins and his lack of minutes and looks like he was sulking on the bench midway through the second half. Everyone on the bench was going crazy when Nolan started getting going except for Dawkins.

I had the same thought with Dawkins. He just seems a little down in the dumps right now and appears to be pushing a little too much rather than letting the game come to him. I hope he has a big scoring game soon. We know he's more than capable.

NSDukeFan
02-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Personally, I went with Seth. Great game at both offensive and defensive end of the floor. His confidence is soaring and he is rapidly turning into the player we heard about dominating practices last year.

He has really quick hands, which is why he picked up so many steals tonight. But, he also showed his ballhandling skills.

And, of course, I think we all loved the way he took control of the team when Nolan went out with the eye injury. He has blossomed into a heck of a ballplayer lately. I think, at this point, he has shown himself to be clearly the 3rd best player on the team (at least until a certain freshman gets back on the court... I hope!).

--Jason "great game from so many guys though-- I love what Miles is bringing lately and Ryan busted out of his mini slump a bit tonight... oh, and Nolan's second half was sick" Evans

I agree that Seth was MOTM and has had a great last couple of games and may be clearly the 3rd best scorer on the team, but I am not sure if he is the 3rd best player yet as Mason has been a monster rebounder this year and has improved his defense and is a very solid passer as well. I am not sure if he is the third best player or not, I just don't think it is clear yet.

jv001
02-14-2011, 02:40 PM
I voted for Seth because of his over all play last night and how he picked us up when Nolan was out of the game. Good line: 16pts, 5-10 shooting, 4-7 threes, 4 rebs, 5 steals, 2 assists, 1 turnover in 39 minutes. But everyone had a good game for the Devils. What a good bunch of guys. Go Duke!

elvis14
02-14-2011, 02:54 PM
I voted for Miles...so far I'm the only one. I really like the game he played tonight. He scored a couple of times on good shots but mostly I just liked they way he was playing defense. He really did a good job of giving help without giving away passing lanes. It just seemed like he just kept doing good, and sometimes subtle, things on the court and I thought he made a nice difference down low.

Nothing against Curry, he was very good and I hope the last two games are a trend and not a spike!

DevilWearsPrada
02-14-2011, 03:16 PM
I wanted to vote for Coach K, since it was his birthday!!! Props and Candles and Cake and Sugar Free Ice Cream.

However, since that wasnt an option. I voted for Seth Curry!! You go Mr Curry.

So Coach K can have his birthday cake and Sugar Free Ice Cream with a Lil Curry on top!!!

The Blue Devils all showed up in Miami! Frank Haith has a good team, and he is a good coach. I am giving the Miami game to Seth! He has had 2 great back 2 back games.... keep on pressing and keep on rolling. Its only February boyz!!

GO DUKE!!

epoulsen
02-14-2011, 03:17 PM
His father noted earlier in the season that he has been working harder than anyone on the team to become a great player. I remember thinking if it's true then it will show in one form or another later on this year... I think, just maybe, we're starting to see that. One of my favorite parts of this game is when you see a break out game from a rising star, lets hope the UNC game was the break out game. Thats the funny thing about break out games too, you don't know that they are break outs until a few weeks later.