PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tournament TV schedule

HaveFunExpectToWin
02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I know it's a bit early to be worrying about which game Duke will be playing in on Thursday or Friday, but CBS/Turner announced the TV schedule (http://www.hdsportsguide.com/news/2011/full-ncaa-tournament-schedule-dates-and-times/) for the opening round(s) on CBS, TNT, TBS, and TruTV.

As of now most cable/satellite providers carry all four channels, but not all carry TruTV in HD, including DirecTV. I really can't see Duke being given a non-CBS slot given our national popularity, but I don't think anyone really knows how this will pan out.

The good news is coverage of our opening game won't be yanked in order to show a nail-biter 5 vs 12 game.

Here's another article on the schedule. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/richard_deitsch/02/09/ncaa.cbsturner/)

weezie
02-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Great to have this. Thanks for posting it!

OldPhiKap
02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Have they already determined which one will be the easiest bracket? Because according to everyone, we'll be in it.

weezie
02-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Have they already determined which one will be the easiest bracket? Because according to everyone, we'll be in it.

OPK, you just answered your own question, my good man!

gam7
02-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't like that the new name for the round of games formerly known as the first round is now the second round.

sdotbarbee
02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
#

Well Lunardi has us as a #2 in the region as Ohio St. which is the #1. St Johns is also in that region.:confused:

Bluedog
02-11-2011, 05:50 PM
So, are we going to have to fill out brackets by Tuesday then? I mean, that would be the biggest repercussion/concern for most people who are interested. Previously, it didn't matter because a 16 is not going to beat a 1, but two of the "First Four" games will determine the last at-large bids (~12 seed), and 12 can certainly beat a 5. I'd think it'd be the same in that you choose the winner of the 5 vs. whoever wins the First Four game, but I'm not sure if that's going to be the case or not. Depends on the system, I guess. Who is going to make that universal decision to make it consistent across platforms? ;)

I have one pool where you multiply by the seed the first round so those games would be disproportionately huge and wouldn't make much sense to use that system anymore. Thus, I think the consensus is going to again to ignore the First Four games and if one of the 12 seeds beats a five, you don't have specify which 12, as long as you chose the correct upset game. Am I right?

Edit: Actually, I'm thinking pools are going to require you to pick the First Four outcomes by Tuesday, but then you have until Thursday to fill out the rest. That's my guess. Maybe a hybrid approach where you only choose the winners of the last four at large and ignore the 16 v 16 matchups, much the NCAA used a hybrid method.

wsb3
02-13-2011, 07:36 AM
The new TV format is exciting. My tradition for many years is that I take off from work for the Thursday, Friday, first round match ups. The chili is on and the beer is cold. The last two years were an improvement in that if I was missing a game that was more exciting I could go to the CBS streamline and watch it on the computer. Sure I want to see Duke play but I don't want to see a #1 vs #16 game if there is a good game on with a certain match up I want to see. My favorite sporting event and the first two days, being the best to me, just got better.

The next week Thursday/Friday games where they staggered the times but we still only got two games just improved greatly also.

This should have been done years ago. March Madness the greatest sporting event there is.:cool: