PDA

View Full Version : Coach K on Dan Patrick show

HCheek37
02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Coach K on DP show in 15 minutes....will update with quotes later if you are unable to listen.

http://www.danpatrick.com/

Click listen live on the right side of the page. Also will be available to listen to after the show ends.

stillcrazie
02-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Coach K still saying he doesn't think Kyrie is coming back this year.

HCheek37
02-11-2011, 09:48 AM
"I dont think he will play again this year"

"If he were one and done that would be fine"

"He could have a bad attitude or pity party everyday...just the opposite, hes been magnificient"

"Kyrie could not be more supportive of his teammates"

"He gets it"

stillcrazie
02-11-2011, 09:53 AM
"I dont think he will play again this year"

"If he were one and done that would be fine"

"He could have a bad attitude or pity party everyday...just the opposite, hes been magnificient"

"Kyrie could not be more supportive of his teammates"

"He gets it"

Nice summary. I thought you could hear in Coach K's comments that he had an unpleasant history with DP. I could be making this up, but he sounded as if he was trying to get to DP before DP got to him.

JBDuke
02-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Nice summary. I thought you could hear in Coach K's comments that he had an unpleasant history with DP. I could be making this up, but he sounded as if he was trying to get to DP before DP got to him.

I don't think it's an unpleasant history - Coach K and DP have a long history of trading barbs, but in a friendly banter sort of way, not anything mean spirited. I haven't heard this particular interview yet, but if you go back through the several appearances Coach has made on Dan's radio show, you'll find they're all full of the two of them taking shots at each other. Dan's a little more subtle, whereas Coach K can be a little more direct about it, but it's clear they're having a good time.

Lord Ash
02-11-2011, 10:27 AM
As folks have said, K and Dan have a LONG history of trading good-natured jabs. K is a pretty sharp fellow, and his humor ABSOLUTELY has an edge:)

HCheek37
02-11-2011, 10:40 AM

There is an episode of Basketball and Beyond with Coach K where he has Dan Patrick on and they explain their relationship and the good natured fun they have. Dan loves to joke with Coach K about playing for Duke...Coach K usually jokes with Dan about coming to the summer camp and how he would be him in horse.

It is worth a listen as they do banter pretty well.

wsb3
02-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I think they have a pretty good relationship built on jabbing each other. I use to listen to Dan all the time when he had his ESPN radio show. Anytime Duke came up he replayed the line of Coach K, saying, "I love Duke." It was pretty funny. I really like Dan.

As far as Kyrie coming back. I think Coach K wants to make sure that the focus for his players is playing with what they have and not with what they don't. I read nothing into his saying Kyrie probably won't be back. Maybe I am just wishing but I think we will see him in March.

Dr. Tina
02-12-2011, 08:04 PM
I love when Coach K is on Dan Patrick's show. The back and forth sparring is highly entertaining. I've always thought that they should take their show on the road.

weezie
02-12-2011, 08:53 PM
... I've always thought that they should take their show on the road.

True that. Danny P should be really pleased when Coach K plays along. Like K has all day to respond to the brain trust @espn anyway.

dukeblue1206
02-12-2011, 10:40 PM
It was clearly playful banter. I watch the Dan Patrick show most days on the 101 on DirecTv and those barbs are just Dan Patrick's sense of humor. I am really jealous of the job the Danettes have working there with him in that studio (man cave). Looks like an awesome work environment.