PDA

View Full Version : Saint Johns KOs UConn

LSanders
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
UCONN went to MSG and got the same "welcome" we experienced: 89-72.

StJ: +9 rebounds
+5 assists
50% from the field to UCONN's 37%

Pretty thorough thrashing. Kemba Walker had a decent game: 15 pts, 5 assists, 1 TO. But, it wasn't enough.

dukelilsis
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM
I don't really understand why St. John's isn't ranked by now. I have only seen them play a few games but they took each of those teams to task. Consider that among them was Duke and now the UCONNvicts and I see a number by their name in the future.

uh_no
02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
I'd shout an expletive right now, but the way this Uconn team is playing right now, they're not worth the violation I'd get.

Duvall
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM
I don't really understand why St. John's isn't ranked by now. I have only seen them play a few games but they took each of those teams to task. Consider that among them was Duke and now the UCONNvicts and I see a number by their name in the future.

They've lost nine games, including losses to St. Bonaventure and Fordham. It'll take a few more wins to offset that.

ElSid
02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
SJU has now beaten Duke, UCONN, Georgetown and Notre Dame.

Our loss isn't looking so bad. SJU has a ton of talent and athleticism and beats really good team and loses to a few pretty bad ones. That's the profile of a team that doesn't have great discipline.

They also have only lost once in MSG I think.

Kind of happy about this as it makes our "bad" loss seem a lot less bad.

duke74
02-11-2011, 10:26 AM
SJU has now beaten Duke, UCONN, Georgetown and Notre Dame.

Our loss isn't looking so bad. SJU has a ton of talent and athleticism and beats really good team and loses to a few pretty bad ones. That's the profile of a team that doesn't have great discipline.

They also have only lost once in MSG I think.

Kind of happy about this as it makes our "bad" loss seem a lot less bad.

As an adjunct as SJU, I'll offer that the campus is buzzing about the team and the job that Lavin has done...in a transition (first) year. Excellent recruits coming in, although it will be hard to replace the experience of the seniors on this team. SJU is relevant again in NYC, for what it's worth.

I held off giving a pop quiz on the Wed. after our debacle in MSG.

DevilWearsPrada
02-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Watching the St Johns UConn game last night, I said thru the game... this looks like the Duke STJohns game, all over again, in MSG. UConn got contained, and went flat. Did they watch alot of tape of the Duke SJ game?

StJohn should be ranked when new polls come out next week. The RED STORM has been kicking up alot of wind, rain, snow, sleet and hail!!! A Storm to be RECKONED with. I dont care at all for the UConnvicts. Now, liking the JOHNNY boyz either, after the horrible loose, but Kudos to Coach Lavin and his team. They beat those Huskie boys!

toooskies
02-11-2011, 11:26 AM
You could definitely say that St. John's didn't pull things together until the middle of the year. They've certainly held their own in the Big East, and any team that does that this year probably deserves a tournament bid.

Wander
02-11-2011, 11:28 AM
StJohn should be ranked when new polls come out next week.

They're 4-6 in their last 10 games. They've got no business being ranked, and have to be the most inconsistent team in the country.

DevilWearsPrada
02-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Perhaps, they wont get RANKED.............

BUT DONT overlook the Johnny Boyz!!! That storm has been a Hurricane for some RANKED Teams... Duke!!! They were a Category 5 and ripped Duke apart. Our team was flattened from the start.

Maybe, ST J isnt ranked........... but in my mind, they are ranked. They have won several Key games.