PDA

View Full Version : Poll Skewin' Time

BlueDevilBaby
02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
ESPN has greatest rivalries poll - The greatest rivalry in all of sports is way behind Red Sox/Yankees, but also just behind Michigan/Ohio State for football, and barely ahead of Celtics/Lakers. C'mon, people, get voting!

basket1544
02-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Speaking of poll skewing...
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls has quite a few for us to vote on.

nocilla
02-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I was particularly intrigued by the question of who is more valuable to the team, Kyle Singler or Nolan Smith. The votes are close and Kyle currently leads at 54%. My first thought was Kyle but that may be because he will end up as one of the all-time greats. Is he in fact more valuable to this year's team than Nolan though? You can certainly make arguments for both; They both score a lot, create their own shots, and can get clutch baskets. Kyle obviously gets more rebounds while Nolan more assist. If Kyrie were still playing I would say Kyle because he is our best 'big' and Nolan would be sharing the perimeter with Kyrie. But Nolan has stepped up since Kyrie went out by taking over more pg duties and leading the team in scoring. Right now, in the current situation, I think Nolan is more valuable but it sure is a tough choice to make.

smcook313
02-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I was particularly intrigued by the question of who is more valuable to the team, Kyle Singler or Nolan Smith. The votes are close and Kyle currently leads at 54%. My first thought was Kyle but that may be because he will end up as one of the all-time greats. Is he in fact more valuable to this year's team than Nolan though? You can certainly make arguments for both; They both score a lot, create their own shots, and can get clutch baskets. Kyle obviously gets more rebounds while Nolan more assist. If Kyrie were still playing I would say Kyle because he is our best 'big' and Nolan would be sharing the perimeter with Kyrie. But Nolan has stepped up since Kyrie went out by taking over more pg duties and leading the team in scoring. Right now, in the current situation, I think Nolan is more valuable but it sure is a tough choice to make.

I just voted for Kyle @ 4:15 and Nolan had taken the lead 52-48. This really surprised me. That wasnt an easy vote either...Its like picking a favorite grandma when one cooks up a killer pie and the other some REALLY GOOD mac n cheese!