PDA

View Full Version : Melvin Tabb released

jimsumner
02-09-2011, 10:09 AM
from Wake Press release

"Wake Forest head basketball coach Jeff Bzdelik announced on Tuesday that freshman forward Melvin Tabb (Raleigh, N.C./Enloe) has been released from the basketball program for the remainder of the season.

“Melvin Tabb has been released from this basketball team for the remainder of the season for conduct detrimental to the team,” said Bzdelik.

Tabb played in 14 games this season, averaging 1.6 points and 2.0 rebounds in 8.9 minutes per game.

Tabb missed a portion of the year after being temporarily released from basketball activities on Nov. 22 in order to focus on his academic work. He sat out four games before returning to the team on Friday, Dec. 10, following fall semester exams.

The 6-8 forward played in 11 games after his reinstatement but has not seen action since Jan. 22 against Duke.

Tabb also missed portions of preseason practice due to a bout of mononucleosis. He sat out the season opener against Stetson due to the illness."

curious phraeslogy. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player "released" for the remainder of the season. Usually, if there is any chance of a return, they're suspended. If they're released, it's for good.

jdk
02-09-2011, 10:29 AM
curious phraeslogy. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player "released" for the remainder of the season. Usually, if there is any chance of a return, they're suspended. If they're released, it's for good.

Maybe he gets to return next season when Bzdelik is gone?

roywhite
08-10-2011, 10:54 AM
This is a front page story in the 8/10 edition of the Winston-Salem Journal

Wake Forest basketball player Tabb facing criminal charges (http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2011/aug/10/wake-forest-basketball-player-tabb-facing-criminal-ar-1284371/)

A warrant was drawn Monday by university police charging Tabb, 19, a rising sophomore from Raleigh, with three crimes — felony breaking and entering, possession of stolen goods, and obtaining property by false pretense, Wake Forest spokesman Kevin Cox said.

The charges stem from an on-campus incident in June, Cox said

As if Bzdelik didn't already have enough troubles.