PDA

View Full Version : It has been a privilege

dukebsbll14
02-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Hey DBR!

First of all, if you haven't checked it out already, check out our blog at http://kvilleastentone.tumblr.com/. I just posted about 20 pictures I took yesterday during my last day shift of the tenting season. I think these pictures are really cool so I hope everyone likes them.

Tonight is the last night of tenting. Personal checks begin tomorrow night, so as of 9 pm tomorrow night our tent number is set and no one is required to be in K-Ville after we get our 3/5 personal checks. I'm lucky enough get the night shift tonight.

I would just like to say that being in tent 1, hell being a tenter and a Cameron Crazie, has been an absolute privilege. For so long I've wanted to be inside Cameron Indoor and to be like one of the students cheering on their team, giving them the extra push and emotion surge to victory. And this year I've been able to do that. It has been a dream come true. Despite the loss of sleep, the cold, and the late nights catching up on work, this has been a fun first month to the semester. I am going to miss walking out to K-Ville and walking by all of the tents and catching a bus at 11:30 to get to my night shift. I look forward to doing this again for the next 3 years.

Thank you Kimberly Reed and the other first tenters. You make us look like fair-weather fans (OK, I got that line from a previous tent 1 blog I think....). Without you guys there would be no tenting. Thanks to everyone who has looked at our blog. I really hope we gave you an experience of what its like to be in K-Ville and hope you had as much fun reading it as I had keeping up with it.

With that said, I cannot wait to get back into Cameron on Saturday and to give NC State hell. I especially cannot wait to give UNC hell on Wednesday night. I know, we still got to focus on the State game, but given the spirit of this post:

Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell
Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell

-Eric

MarkD83
02-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Eric,

I love your spirit. My son and I have gone to several games over the past few years (and I went to quite a few when I was at Duke). After each game he keeps insisting that it can't get any louder in Cameron. I keep telling him wait until the UNC game.

I know that the Crazies won't disappoint us and us older crazies won't disappoint you either.

GTHC.

MarkD83

james
02-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Enjoy your time under the rail, it is precious.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-03-2011, 08:16 PM
You mean you don't have to be in your tents through Tuesday night? WTF? Really? No Coach K pizza party on Tuesday night? Tell me I am misunderstanding what you have said!

Lord Ash
02-03-2011, 08:30 PM
You mean you don't have to be in your tents through Tuesday night? WTF? Really? No Coach K pizza party on Tuesday night? Tell me I am misunderstanding what you have said!

I think things have changed... I know in my days in Tent #1, we had to be in the tent for the last three days (I think it was three?) leading up to the event, or lose our spot.

Cell-R
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I think things have changed... I know in my days in Tent #1, we had to be in the tent for the last three days (I think it was three?) leading up to the event, or lose our spot.

It was that way last year I believe. I'm not entirely sure why they changed it this year...

I'm so pumped for the game! I already ordered my jason mask and I'm working on my cardboard chainsaw and sign :D (referencing Roy's quote about fighting a man with a chainsaw).

Tent 31 (Battier) represent!

Bluedog
02-03-2011, 10:22 PM

As I recall from my 2003-2007 years, personal checks are always the weekend prior. So, if the UNC game fell on a Saturday, then everybody had to be in Kville the 48 hours prior. But if the game fell on a Wednesday (like this year), then the personal checks were still the weekend before. This makes sense because you don't really want people up 48 hours straight and going to classes on Monday and Tuesday. Also doesn't make for nearly the same K-ville atmosphere.

However, I do think that after personal checks weekend, we still had to follow white tenting rules Sunday-Tuesday...so I guess they just got rid of that. Personally, I think it makes sense to give people some rest right before the game so they can dedicate 100% energy to cheering at the UNC game. Having personal checks and not sleeping two nights straight isn't ideal for crowd energy level. Sometimes cheering can be a workout and the workout is the best/loudest with a more rested student body.

dukebsbll14
02-03-2011, 10:35 PM

We're having hot chocolate and donuts in K-Ville Tuesday night courtesy of Duke Annual Fund.

UrinalCake
02-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Ah yes, nice to know the tenting policies still change on a yearly basis. Pretty soon they'll have exhausted all options and will return to where they started.

Duke: A Dynasty
02-04-2011, 02:33 AM
I must say I am more jealous than you know. I have always dreamed of going to Duke to get an education and be there to cheer on all the sports teams. But my grades have never been great and financially its even worse for our family. I love to read stuff like this and wonder what it would be like to be in your position.