PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke vs. Miami Thursday 2/3

DU82
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Last night is over, fortunately, and the ladies have a tough game on Thursday (7PM) against the Hurricanes. Our old friend, Katie Meier, has her team playing well, in second behind the Devils. There's a lot of the season left, and a lot to continue to play for. (After all, Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!) So hopefully everybody in the area will come out and support our team.

miramar
02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
UM seems to have something in common with Duke in that they have had a very successful season (only 2 losses) and have also had a few wild comebacks. Nevertheless, they may be running out of a gas a bit. They lost at FSU, had a close game against a disappointing NC State, and then a come-from-behind OT win against GTech.

The biggest difference with Duke is that that UM has two big scorers (Williams and Johnson) who account for half of their 80 points per game. If Duke clamps down on those two, as they have done all season until the last game, they should do well.

No matter what, it's good to see Katie Meier ahead of UNC and Maryland in the standings.

DU82
02-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Halftime score: Duke 43 Miami 32. Much better on offense, with a bunch of layups after steals and good passes. Williams for Miami is keeping them in the game with 19 points.

DU82
02-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Forgot to add. Ten players played in the first half, only one didn't score. Jasmine Thomas. (two early fouls, sat on the bench the rest of the way.)

miramar
02-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Duke 54.7%, Miami 32.3%. Nice spanking.

burnspbesq
02-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Final score 82-58. Gotta love 22 assists on 35 field goals. Richa Jackson goes for 13 and nine in her first career start. Everybody contributed. Nice bounceback after the debacle at UConn.

At the midway point of the ACC season, Duke leads by two games. A win at Carmichael on Monday night would go a long way toward sewing up the regular season.

burnspbesq
02-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Jasmine Thomas played 24 minutes, scored four points, and we beat the second-place team in the ACC by 24. We might be pretty good.

stillcrazie
02-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Great to see Christmas have a solid game on both ends of the floor. Jasmine distributed the ball well even if she didn't score much. The freshman class continues to show that they have skill and heart. I am not sure why Katie Meier was whining so much at the scorer's table - her women quite obviously plowed into us on more than one occasion. I was glad nobody got hurt.

First time I can actually say it seemed that we made offensive adjustments. Miami played us pretty evenly for most of the first half. We started to make long passes instead of getting stuck in the half court and it resulted in easy buckets. I hope we see more of this.

Kudos to the crowd of Duke Divinity students and faculty who stood and cheered the entire game.