PDA

View Full Version : Another Nolan-Smith-is-all-heart moment

Lord Ash
01-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Anyone else read that Taylor King article and see the one connection King keeps to his big-time basketball days?

Yep; he still talks to Nolan... and several times a week at that.

I have to believe Nolan is the most gregarious, sociable, and well-liked player when it comes to OTHER players to EVER come through Duke University. My guess is it runs in the family, given how his mother basically took Mike Beasley in when he needed someplace to be. What a great, great kid.

SupaDave
01-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Anyone else read that Taylor King article and see the one connection King keeps to his big-time basketball days?

Yep; he still talks to Nolan... and several times a week at that.

I have to believe Nolan is the most gregarious, sociable, and well-liked player when it comes to OTHER players to EVER come through Duke University. My guess is it runs in the family, given how his mother basically took Mike Beasley in when he needed someplace to be. What a great, great kid.

Where can we find the article?

Bob Green
01-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Where can we find the article?

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=38178

slower
01-30-2011, 11:53 AM
This will be a hugely emotional Senior Day (I realize that they ALL are, but still...) when the ultimate warrior (Kyle) and the ultimate teammate (Nolan) take their final bow.

I'm really gonna miss both of them.

Ultrarunner
01-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Nolan is a rather incredible young man. Nolan is clearly the emotional leader of the team and has been for a couple of seasons.

My favorite in-game moment with Nolan isn't any of his flashy moves (though the behind the back dribble against BC was sweet!) but was a simple pass in the Purdue game last year. Jon had been struggling with his shot for several weeks and we needed him to get on track to keep advancing in the NCAA's. He was 0-for (I think) the game when he and Nolan got out on a break. Jon went to the three point line and called for the ball. Nolan had a wide open lane to the basket - and passed it to Jon anyway. Jon went on to have a great 2nd half and shot well for the rest of the tournament

Nolan showed an amazing amount of trust. Combine that with his compassion (his work with kids who have lost their Dads is amazing) and you have the foundation to be an incredible leader.

Most of us consider it an honor for a student to be given the opportunity to play for Duke. In this case, I think we have been honored to have this young man represent Duke.

SupaDave
01-30-2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=38178

Thanks BG! I finally looked at the front page. Doh!!