PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse VS Seton Hall

DukeDiva
01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Cuse down 21 points with 11:36 left in the second half at the Carrier Dome.

InSpades
01-25-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't know what to think of Big East basketball this year. Are the good teams overrated? Are the lesser teams underrated? Somewhere in the middle probably but it's so hard to tell.

CDu
01-25-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't know what to think of Big East basketball this year. Are the good teams overrated? Are the lesser teams underrated? Somewhere in the middle probably but it's so hard to tell.

Well, Syracuse probably is a bit overrated. The really only have the win over a then-overrated Mich St team and a home win over Notre Dame. They're a gimmick team that can be had if you can figure out their zone.

That said, they're also clearly not as bad as tonight's score would indicate.

somf4eva
01-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I have to say that I never thought they would be down 24 with 5:30 left. They certainly are not this bad.

Duke: A Dynasty
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Seton Hall beats the Cuse 92-68!!!!!! Wow whats up with Syracuse?

billyj
01-25-2011, 09:08 PM
What is going on! Okay Ohio vs Purdue is coming up. Should be a good game too.

MarkD83
01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
For many years the Big East in a conspiracy with ESPN has tried to maximize the number of teams in the NCAA tournament. They have done this because they do not send many teams to bowl games, so the Big East needs another source of income and ESPN needs as many ranked teams for Big East Monday as possible.

This means that in mid-january the Big East sends a memo to all ranked Big East basketball teams. The memo states that they need to lose at least one or two games to teams that are ranked below them or are unranked. Syracuse and Pitt over the past few nights are fulfilling their obligation to the memo. It is working since 11 Big East teams are in the ESPN bracketology and 7 teams are ranked. Connecticut will lose to Marquette tonight to fulfill their obligation and by the end of the year all 16 Big East teams will be ranked and in bracketology.

BD80
01-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Well, if you are going to lose 3 in conference games, you might as well lose them in a row to minimize the impact on your rankings.

billyj
01-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Ohio state is leading Purdue by 20 points going into the half.

jipops
01-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Ohio state is leading Purdue by 20 points going into the half.

The Buckeyes appear to be the best team in the country by a wide margin. They still have road games looming at Minn, at Wisc, and at Purdue so there will most likely be at least a couple losses there. But they seem to be in their own league right now.

Duvall
01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
The Buckeyes appear to be the best team in the country by a wide margin. They still have road games looming at Minn, at Wisc, and at Purdue so there will most likely be at least a couple losses there. But they seem to be in their own league right now.

And to think, it seems like only a week ago that Ohio State was beating Penn State by two points in Columbus.

WiJoe
01-26-2011, 12:04 AM
For many years the Big East in a conspiracy with ESPN has tried to maximize the number of teams in the NCAA tournament. They have done this because they do not send many teams to bowl games, so the Big East needs another source of income and ESPN needs as many ranked teams for Big East Monday as possible.

This means that in mid-january the Big East sends a memo to all ranked Big East basketball teams. The memo states that they need to lose at least one or two games to teams that are ranked below them or are unranked. Syracuse and Pitt over the past few nights are fulfilling their obligation to the memo. It is working since 11 Big East teams are in the ESPN bracketology and 7 teams are ranked. Connecticut will lose to Marquette tonight to fulfill their obligation and by the end of the year all 16 Big East teams will be ranked and in bracketology.

Despite the incorrect conn men prediction, I'm with you all the way! CONSPIRACY RULES!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Hopefully, the 'Cuse will get healthy are marquette on Saturday

billyj
01-26-2011, 10:03 PM

Villanova just lost to Providence by 15. I am now starting to buying this. :cool:

Cameron
01-27-2011, 01:24 AM

And to think, it seems like only a week ago that Ohio State was beating Penn State by two points in Columbus.

And the stalwartly improving Iowa Hawkeyes (1-7, Big Ten) by 5 points two and a half weeks ago in foreboding Iowa City. Additionally, the Buckeyes gained mastery over Michigan 15 days ago with a 68-64 punch-out of the Juwan Howard-led Wolverines (1-6, Big Ten).

Apparently, jipops is witnessing something I am not. Staying with the Iowa theme, maybe he can see a dead ball player. Nobody here has been sighting George Mikan when tuning into a Buckeye game, have they?

Until Ohio State travels on the road to Wisconsin, Penn State, Minnesota (whom the Bucks only beat by three in Columbus) and Purdue (it will NOT be a 25-point game in West Lafayette), I'm not ready to proclaim the Buckeyes the heads-and-shoulders best team in the land. Hell, they trailed a forgettable Illinois team by 10 with under six minutes to play just a poker-hand of days ago. Ohio State's hellish stretch beginning Feb. 6 will be very telling of how good this team actually is.

Feb. 6 @ #18 Minnesota
Feb. 12 @ #15 Wiconsin
Feb. 15 Michigan State
Feb. 20 @ #12 Purdue
Feb. 22 #21 Illinois

If Ohio State sneaks away from that stretch with less than two losses, I'll be overtly impressed. And I abhor that university. Ohio State is very good, but they are far from a certain favorite to reach Houston.