PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke 57, VT 43

stillcrazie
01-16-2011, 04:28 PM
I did not get to see the game, but people were congratulating AV on the DWB facebook page for a great game. Can anyone fill me in about the game? Sounds like another great road win.

burnspbesq
01-16-2011, 05:54 PM
I did not get to see the game, but people were congratulating AV on the DWB facebook page for a great game. Can anyone fill me in about the game? Sounds like another great road win.

AV had 15 and seven off the bench. The bench outscored the starters, 29-28 (AV 15, Liston 13, Richa 1). On radio, it sounded like this one was never in doubt after Duke got rolling about six minutes in.

stillcrazie
01-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks; that is great news. I wonder if VT is not very tall or if AV was just overdue for a big game. It seemed to me that she had been doing a lot of good things on defense all year long but had yet to break out offensively. And Trish has definitely come on strong lately. Looking forward to seeing the box score and recap on this one! I hope to go to the game on Friday.

chrishoke
01-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Still undefeated and getting better every game. Nice to see AV have a breakout game.

CameronBornAndBred
01-16-2011, 07:54 PM
From the sound of the radio broadcast, AV shot very well, which is encouraging. She seems to have improved the last couple games, not only playing defense in the post well, but now also rediscovering her shot. The freshmen were also on the court alot, both Gray and Peters started, but Tricia Liston was solid. The announcers were suggesting she should be the ACC ROTW due to today and her performance against FSU.