PDA

View Full Version : Is Syracuse the New #1??

Leck
01-15-2011, 09:39 PM
obviously, i think that we're one of the best teams in the country, but we're going to fall in the new rankings next week. so, with that said, whose the new #1?

ohio state and kansas have not been dominant in their last few games (both won by single digits at home to unranked teams today), but syracuse and jim boeheim continue to win and win handily, even in the loaded big east. i think you give them the nod right now.

Bluedog
01-15-2011, 09:44 PM
obviously, i think that we're one of the best teams in the country, but we're going to fall in the new rankings next week. so, with that said, whose the new #1?

ohio state and kansas have not been dominant in their last few games (both won by single digits at home to unranked teams today), but syracuse and jim boeheim continue to win and win handily, even in the loaded big east. i think you give them the nod right now.

While I agree, it is generally accepted practice that teams don't leapfrog other undefeateds. So, I expect Ohio State to be the new #1. I personally would vote for Syracuse though.

G man
01-15-2011, 09:53 PM
While I agree, it is generally accepted practice that teams don't leapfrog other undefeateds. So, I expect Ohio State to be the new #1. I personally would vote for Syracuse though.

I feel the same way. I doubt that Syracuse would jump both Kansas and Ohio St., but I think they are the best team as of right now.

arnie
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM
I feel the same way. I doubt that Syracuse would jump both Kansas and Ohio St., but I think they are the best team as of right now.

Are we 4 or does Pitt move ahead of us? Surely we're ahead of San Diego State.

Duke: A Dynasty
01-16-2011, 03:29 AM
ESPN has it like

1. Ohio State
2. Kansas
3. Syracuse
4. Duke
5. Pitt
6. Nova
7. SD State

Its an insider article so unless youre an insider don't bother clicking it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog?name=ncbexperts&id=6022203

4decadedukie
01-16-2011, 07:39 AM
1. Ohio State
2. Kansas
3. Syracuse
4. Duke
5. Pitt

I agree that the foregoing is likely.

Saratoga2
01-16-2011, 08:19 AM
1. Ohio State
2. Kansas
3. Syracuse
4. Duke
5. Pitt

I agree that the foregoing is likely.

Pitt is playing Syracuse Monday I believe. I for one think they will win that game. I think Pitt should be the 4 with Duke the 5. The difference is they has a really strong inside presence whereas Duke doesn't. Whoever wins that game Monday, Duke will move ahead of the loser provided Duke keeps winning this week.

weezie
01-16-2011, 08:34 AM
osu makes me very scared. Very.

cptnflash
01-16-2011, 08:41 AM

You have to consider who they've played. The Big East is loaded, but their only two road games so far were against Seton Hall and St. John's. Look at the rest of their schedule - they could easily lose 5 or 6 of their next 12 league games, probably starting on Monday night. Syracuse is good, and will probably get a few first place votes, but Ohio State will be #1 on Monday.

loran16
01-16-2011, 11:26 AM

Ummmm no. Of the undefeateds, Syracuse comes in #3.

If you follow the dork polls at all (which many don't), you'd know that it's been said for a while that Duke, OSU, and Kansas have been a clear top 3 for ages, with Cuse and everyone else being a good bit behind.

Cuse's best two wins have been St. Johns on the road, but at MSG, there were a ton if not more than half CUSE fans and Notre Dame AT HOME. They played MSU at MSG nonconference and....that's it.

Tremendously weak schedule has inflated them a ton.

They're a good team (#12 O and #12 D). They are NOT the #1 team in the Country. They'll lose on Monday, I'd put my money on it

fisheyes
01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
The Coaches Poll is out:

Ohio State
Kansas
Syracuse
Pitt
Duke

The Syracuse/Pitt game tonight should be fun to watch.

Of course, all of this is meaningless this time of year.

Go Duke!