PDA

View Full Version : Will the Duke athletic program get a jersey signed for me?

WordLife565
01-15-2011, 06:51 PM
I was wondering if there was a way I can contact the Duke athletic program to get a jersey signed by the basketball team?

I'm asking because my sister recently received a poster and basketball signed by the UNC basketball team by filling out a form on Carolina's website and sending it in.

I was wondering if Duke basketball did something similar, I would love to get this throwback Boozer jersey signed, because it's white (perfect for sharpie) and I never wear it due to the size.

sorry if this is the wrong section, but I'm curious...

sagegrouse
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
I was wondering if there was a way I can contact the Duke athletic program to get a jersey signed by the basketball team?

I'm asking because my sister recently received a poster and basketball signed by the UNC basketball team by filling out a form on Carolina's website and sending it in.

I was wondering if Duke basketball did something similar, I would love to get this throwback Boozer jersey signed, because it's white (perfect for sharpie) and I never wear it due to the size.

On topic for me. Call the Sports Information Office.

Sports Information – Room 115, Phone: (919) 684-2633;
Sports Promotions – Room 112, Phone: (919) 684-4112;
Iron Duke Organization – Room 116, Phone: (919) 613-7575.

sagegrouse

SmartDevil
01-16-2011, 11:38 AM

I believe the team doesn't generally sign sent-in things as a routine matter in-season, particularly during the ACC regular season portion of the schedule and the ACC and NCAA tournies.
If I had a Boozer jersey, I'd want to get Boozer's signature on it through a more direct approach, and get something else relating to this year's team signed in the off-season.

ricks68
01-17-2011, 01:03 AM
From personal experience, I can tell you that they will not sign items like Jerseys and Basketballs, etc. These kind of items can easily be resold for considerable profit that the school does not share in. They do, however, oftentimes have personal pictures signed for you after the season is over. You can catch the players individually during the year after games, or at other times, and they will sign for you just about anything within reason.

There are exceptions, of course, like the time I was standing next to Jon Scheyer outside of Cameron after a game a few years ago when he made a very clear refusal to sign a large picture of his missed last second shot in high school that resulted in his team losing the state championship, I think.

ricks

ricks68
01-17-2011, 01:19 AM
May I also suggest that you go to the ACC tournament or one of the NCAA regionals or FF that we are in and have it signed by the individual players after a game we win. I attended the FF Championship party after the game last year and was even able to get individual pictures with all the players. In fact Kyle's sister took the picture of me and Kyle, Zoub's father took the picture of me and Zoubs, and Lance's cousin took a picture of me with Jon. I later printed the pictures and sent them to the Athletic Dept for signatures by the players. Got every signature. So, I would suggest just bringing the Jersey along, and the players would probably sign it for you. I know that they do not have the same no signing policy until after the season is over that Coach K has, as it was easy to get the players' signatures any time they were around during the FF---like in the hotel lobby --coming and going to practices, etc.

ricks

77devil
01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
From personal experience, I can tell you that they will not sign items like Jerseys and Basketballs, etc. These kind of items can easily be resold for considerable profit that the school does not share in.

We'll, sometimes they make exceptions. This is a 50th birthday present from SilkyJ. ;)

Channing
01-17-2011, 03:07 PM
We'll, sometimes they make exceptions. This is a 50th birthday present from SilkyJ. ;)

I had a basketball dropped off at Coach K's office and not only was it signed by coach K, but they mailed it to me overnight delivery so I could have it to give as a christmas present. But I took the ball there myself and gave them about a month...