PDA

View Full Version : Board question:

Ima Facultiwyfe
06-20-2007, 08:15 AM
How are those little titles that appear beneath our user names assigned? "Victory Cigar, Bench Warmer, In the Rotation", etc.? I find the image of a dowdy faculty wife like me puffing on a victory cigar amusing. I'd be much better suited to warming a bench......the wider the bench, the better.:rolleyes:
Love, Ima

Ima Facultiwyfe
06-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Zero to fifty posts = Hoop dreams. Fifty to a hundred = Victory Cigar, etc, etc. Right?

Love, Ima

JasonEvans
06-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Zero to fifty posts = Hoop dreams. Fifty to a hundred = Victory Cigar, etc, etc. Right?

Something like that. The levels go quite high. It will be interesting to see if anyone can figure it all out. It would be impossible at this point as no one is anywhere close to the top several levels and the two leading posters (me and Throaty) are both moderators with "Special" titles that others do not get ;)

-Jason "on the off-topic board, there has been a little bit of discussion of this" Evans

elvis14
06-20-2007, 09:43 AM
OK, so basically, I'm posting to see what shows up by my name :)
Besides I haven't posted anything in a while.

feldspar
06-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I've broken it down in this thread (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26200&postcount=28)up to the highest point we have been able to record definitely - Starter.

Indoor66
06-20-2007, 12:03 PM
I've broken it down in this thread (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26200&postcount=28)up to the highest point we have been able to record definitely - Starter.

If you live long enough and post enough times, you can be Chairman of the Board of Trustees!

Clipsfan
06-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I liked the idea that someone threw out there that we would be able to choose certain players from the appropriate category. For example, as "In the Rotation", I would have been able to choose Zoubs last year (on most nights, at least).

JBDuke
06-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I liked the idea that someone threw out there that we would be able to choose certain players from the appropriate category. For example, as "In the Rotation", I would have been able to choose Zoubs last year (on most nights, at least).

While the system won't let you customize your title, I suggest that using your signature to declare yourself in the role of a certain "in the rotation" player would be appropriate. As your title advances, you can modify the signature appropriately.

SilkyJ
06-20-2007, 01:42 PM
While the system won't let you customize your title, I suggest that using your signature to declare yourself in the role of a certain "in the rotation" player would be appropriate. As your title advances, you can modify the signature appropriately.

Nice idea...Now I have a sig - Dibs on the 9-fingered lithuanian

Dukerati
06-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Dibs on Buckner!

Clipsfan
06-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I'll take the hard working, although he did often start, McClure

mapei
06-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Marty only has nine fingers?

Richard Berg
06-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Marty only has nine fingers?
More like 9.5.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2008/martynaspocius3mk.jpg

One day in practice Patrick Davidson landed a monster 540 dunk over Marty that had K furious. Marty whined that he was trying as hard as he could. K just nodded at PD. Patrick then grabbed Marty's hand, bit off the end of the middle finger, spat it out, and said "try harder."

Lavabe
06-21-2007, 03:55 AM
More like 9.5.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2008/martynaspocius3mk.jpg

One day in practice Patrick Davidson landed a monster 540 dunk over Marty that had K furious. Marty whined that he was trying as hard as he could. K just nodded at PD. Patrick then grabbed Marty's hand, bit off the end of the middle finger, spat it out, and said "try harder."

Funny, I thought after PD spat out the middle finger, he sneered at Marty and said:
"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"

The "Victory Cigar" is a bit lame. I will not be satisfied until I achieve Patrick Davidson level, whatever that is.

Cheers,
Lavabe