PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Ball at Half Court After a Timeout

kmspeaks
01-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Watching the end of the Tennessee/Vanderbilt game and this is now the third or fourth time I've heard an announcer talk about how much they like the NBA rule that gives you the option to inbound the ball at half court when calling a time out after a made basket. I'm sorry but I don't understand why you would think this is a good rule. Why should team get to move the ball 45 feet closer to the basket without having to a)risk a long pass or b)dribble the ball up court and run time off the clock simply because they have a time out? Is there something I'm missing?

wsb3
01-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Watching the end of the Tennessee/Vanderbilt game and this is now the third or fourth time I've heard an announcer talk about how much they like the NBA rule that gives you the option to inbound the ball at half court when calling a time out after a made basket. I'm sorry but I don't understand why you would think this is a good rule. Why should team get to move the ball 45 feet closer to the basket without having to a)risk a long pass or b)dribble the ball up court and run time off the clock simply because they have a time out? Is there something I'm missing?

I heard that also. Same thinking. Why get rewarded for doing nothing?

NovaScotian
01-15-2011, 04:21 PM
i know what you're saying but one of the reasons i love the nba is that so many games are close at the end, and this rule is a being reason of why that is.