PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke Vs. FSU

CameronBornAndBred
01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Tonight it's the ladies' turn to see if they can get out of Tallahassee with a win. Unlike the men, the women are facing a ranked team. We've seen them gut out ugly wins at home against very good teams, now they have to find a way on the road. FSU has an excellent women's program, and a very good coach in Sue Semrau. The 'Noles are currently on a 5 game winning streak. We'll be chatting in Section 21 (http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/chat). Game is at 6:30 on RSN. Go Duke!!!

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22760&SPID=1846&ATCLID=205075813&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Indoor66
01-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Tonight it's the ladies' turn to see if they can get out of Tallahassee with a win. Unlike the men, the women are facing a ranked team. We've seen them gut out ugly wins at home against very good teams, now they have to find a way on the road. FSU has an excellent women's program, and a very good coach in Sue Semrau. The 'Noles are currently on a 5 game winning streak. We'll be chatting in Section 21 (http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/chat). Game is at 6:30 on RSN. Go Duke!!!

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22760&SPID=1846&ATCLID=205075813&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Women vs FSU is on Fox Sports here in South Florida.

CameronBornAndBred
01-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Women vs FSU is on Fox Sports here in South Florida.
RSN = FSS not sure why they call it RSN. (Raycom)

sagegrouse
01-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Channel 643 and seems to be on the alternate Comcast channel in the DC area (Ch 21 on DC Comcast).

sagegrouse

stillcrazie
01-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Up by 11, holy c***, we're hitting shots! Let's go, Duke!

sagegrouse
01-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Channel 643 and seems to be on the alternate Comcast channel in the DC area (Ch 21 on DC Comcast).

sagegrouse

Women up by 11 with 7 minutes left in the 1st half. Offense looks good -- almost beautiful -- yikes!

sagegrouse

CameronBornAndBred
01-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Not much to complain about...looking very good on the road. Up solidly at the half. GO DUKE!!!

stillcrazie
01-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Not a great way to end the half, giving up a huge, half-court 3 pointer and bringing the lead down to 10. Still, great first half effort. We have to get back to playing the way we were earlier in the half.

Grey Devil
01-14-2011, 09:24 PM
...with a big win! This was the best I've seen them play this season (admittedly I've only seen three or four of their games). Hope they can keep it up -- right through the UConn game at the end of the month!

GreyDevil

killerleft
01-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Jasmine is beautiful this time of year. 22 points, 9 rebounds, and 8 assists.

Lid
01-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Excellent win! This is the best I've seen the women look all season. Our freshmen are impressive; Liston, Peters and Gray all had strong games. 80+ points? Ye gods, how exciting!

Verga3
01-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Jasmine is beautiful this time of year. 22 points, 9 rebounds, and 8 assists.

Agreed....so close to a Triple-Double for Jas. Great team effort tonight and the freshmen were stellar. Keep up the solid D and this is going to be a very good year, folks.

Go DWB!!!

CameronBornAndBred
01-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Excellent win! This is the best I've seen the women look all season. Our freshmen are impressive; Liston, Peters and Gray all had strong games. 80+ points? Ye gods, how exciting!
Just to play Devil's advocate, it was also the most points we've given up this year. I don't care though. Like you said, best the women have looked. We've actually played better in a game this year, but not against this kind of talent. To see the ladies play with such poise and confidence on the road against a really good team was awesome. I was most impressed with our very few turnovers in the first. We came out playing hard and protected the ball very well. What a fun game. The team flew from Florida to Virginia tonight, time to get ready for another tough opponent.

DU82
01-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Just to play Devil's advocate, it was also the most points we've given up this year. I don't care though. Like you said, best the women have looked. We've actually played better in a game this year, but not against this kind of talent. To see the ladies play with such poise and confidence on the road against a really good team was awesome. I was most impressed with our very few turnovers in the first. We came out playing hard and protected the ball very well. What a fun game. The team flew from Florida to Virginia tonight, time to get ready for another tough opponent.

I'm not worried about how many points we gave up. When you play a faster pace, the other team's going to score more, too. Look at the first men's game against St. Augs. They scored 68 points, and I remember some comments about how in the world we could let them score that much. Of course, scoring 141 points in return showed what pace (number of possessions) we had. Back to the women, I like how well we shot the ball against a good opponent.

The important thing, as you mentioned, was how well we played. Interesting that between this game, and the game at OK State, our away games have looked better than at home.

Speaking of which, I just ordered tix for the game in Chapel Hill on Feb 7th. You have to call the Smurf ticket office, our ticket office didn't reserve a block as they have in previous years. Ask to be in section 202. (You can't order specific sections/seats online, so you'll have to call and listen to a recording of Woody Durham before getting. A live human.)

Lid
01-15-2011, 12:02 PM
We've actually played better in a game this year, but not against this kind of talent. To see the ladies play with such poise and confidence on the road against a really good team was awesome.
Agreed. I was so pleasantly surprised to see the assertiveness with which they played, even if the defense didn't lock down as thoroughly as it has in some other games. It never got old, seeing the chippies go in...

I have to admit, I was surprised by how aggressively and competently Liston could drive. I just don't remember seeing much of that from her this year so far, and it's a nice addition.

Beat the Hokies!