PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Pullen: What a Guy

tommy
01-14-2011, 02:50 AM
The downward spiral this guy has been in since Kyrie just dominated him in Kansas City continues. K-State has played far below expectations, and now their "leader" is talking like a real punk: threatening to refuse to play in the NIT should that be the Wildcats' fate this year. Check it out here. (http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/video-i-wont-play-basketball-in-the-nit-29420)

obsesseddukefan
01-14-2011, 09:37 AM
The downward spiral this guy has been in since Kyrie just dominated him in Kansas City continues. K-State has played far below expectations, and now their "leader" is talking like a real punk: threatening to refuse to play in the NIT should that be the Wildcats' fate this year. Check it out here. (http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/video-i-wont-play-basketball-in-the-nit-29420)

that there is a huge difference in the personalities of kids Duke recruits, and what the rest of Div.1 schools recruit. If I was on K-States team, I would be sick to know my "leader" will abandon ship if we dont make the NCAA's. Sad really.

You can try to argue that Pullen was trying to rally the team, but there is a better way to go about it then saying if they make the NIT that he wouldn't play. Period.

superdave
01-14-2011, 09:42 AM
He definitely appeared sullen vs. Duke. His attitude was in the ditch and he wore it like Roy Williams wears his emotions.

He'd be running laps while the rest of the team practiced if I were the coach.

DukeSean
01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
that there is a huge difference in the personalities of kids Duke recruits, and what the rest of Div.1 schools recruit.

that's a pretty blanket statement. We tend to recruit players who have a certain character and I think K reinforces that character when they arrive, but there are plenty of great characters on other teams in Div 1.

HateCarolina
01-14-2011, 07:11 PM
He definitely appeared sullen vs. Duke. His attitude was in the ditch and he wore it like Roy Williams wears his emotions.

He'd be running laps while the rest of the team practiced if I were the coach.

I'm sure Frank "The Tank" will be elbow and knee deep in JP after that comment.

obsesseddukefan
01-15-2011, 12:43 AM
that's a pretty blanket statement. We tend to recruit players who have a certain character and I think K reinforces that character when they arrive, but there are plenty of great characters on other teams in Div 1.

I think we are very fortunate that we recruit on character and talent as apposed to just talent. It's nice not hearing rumblings about coaching violations or player eligibility at Duke. I guess what I was really trying to say in my post was that I am glad that we haven't had too many character problems at Duke. Sure maybe some ego issues from time to time which it be expected, but I cant recall a player from Duke that has come out and said they wouldn't play.

sagegrouse
01-15-2011, 01:11 AM
I think we are very fortunate that we recruit on character and talent as apposed to just talent. It's nice not hearing rumblings about coaching violations or player eligibility at Duke. I guess what I was really trying to say in my post was that I am glad that we haven't had too many character problems at Duke. Sure maybe some ego issues from time to time which it be expected, but I cant recall a player from Duke that has come out and said they wouldn't play.

There is individual character, and there is team character. A Duke player, no matter how craven (and our guys aren't perfect), would never say publicly what Jacob Pullen said. And the team captains are spokesmen who get a lot of practice in front of camera and mike in doing and saying things the Duke way.

And BTW, it didn't start with K.

sagegrouse

moonpie23
01-15-2011, 01:15 AM
sometimes i play games with myself.....

i pretended that i was on the duke team and i said the same thing.....then i imagined what coach k had to say to me...

i crack myself up sometimes.....