PDA

View Full Version : Dawkins and Stanford Defeat #18 Washington

Bluedog
01-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Nice win for Johnny Dawkins and the Stanford Cardinal, upsetting #18 Washington! I really think Johnny is going to turn that program around into a Pac 10 contender year in and year out. He still has work to do, but the pieces are there and he's improved recruiting the past couple of years. The Pac 10 isn't look so great this year though. Stanford moves to 3-1 in the league while Washington moves to 4-1.

taiw93
01-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Johnny Dawkins and his Stanford team got a big win (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310130024) tonight, knocking off #18 Washington at home. Granted, UW is without Gaddy, who is lost for the year, I believe, with a knee injury; however, big home wins like this is just what a rebuilding program like Stanford needs. Coach Dawkins seems to have his team moving in a great direction, recruiting well and winning some games, too (they're now 3-1 in the Pac-10). And, oh by the way, Landry Fields' great play for the Knicks will only help recruiting.
Go Johnny go!

Bluedog
01-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Couldn't find another thread to put this in, but:

Johnny Dawkins and his Stanford team got a big win (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310130024) tonight, knocking off #18 Washington at home. Granted, UW is without Gaddy, who is lost for the year, I believe, with a knee injury; however, big home wins like this is just what a rebuilding program like Stanford needs. Coach Dawkins seems to have his team moving in a great direction, recruiting well and winning some games, too (they're now 3-1 in the Pac-10). And, oh by the way, Landry Fields' great play for the Knicks will only help recruiting.
Go Johnny go!

ha, I posted at literally the exact same time as you. I think I beat you by a few seconds. ;) Merge threads please.

taiw93
01-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Yeah, touche, Bluedog. It was a photo finish on that one, but you came out ahead :)

JasonEvans
01-14-2011, 11:52 AM
JD and his boys play Wash St. at home this weekend. Wash St is probably the top contender for 3rd in the Pac Ten (after Ariz and Wash). A win for Stanford would be very big and put them in position to really challenge in the league. I think it will take an 11-7 league record for Stanford to make it to the Dance.

-Jason "always rooting for Johnny!" Evans

Lar77
01-14-2011, 12:02 PM
JD and his boys play Wash St. at home this weekend. Wash St is probably the top contender for 3rd in the Pac Ten (after Ariz and Wash). A win for Stanford would be very big and put them in position to really challenge in the league. I think it will take an 11-7 league record for Stanford to make it to the Dance.

-Jason "always rooting for Johnny!" Evans

Great win for Johnny. I really miss him and especially his post game on the radio.

sandinmyshoes
01-14-2011, 08:51 PM
I miss Johnny too. I will always remember him as the group that returned us to college basketball relevance early in Coach K's career.