PDA

View Full Version : Brian Zoubek Jersey

unexpected
01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
During last year's Championship run, I made a vow to myself that if Zoubek continued playing like an animal, and we won the national championship, that I would track down a Brian Zoubek jersey and wear it with pride.

I have looked and looked and looked, however, and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to acquire one - last year's duke seemed to only have Singler/Scheyer/Smith jerseys, and zoubek's was nowhere to be found.

After he was drafted, I was hoping he would catch on an NBA team, and buy a jersey that way - but that doesn't look like it will happen now.

So, I turn to you guys - what's the best way for me to acquire a Zoubek jersey?

Cameron
01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
There is one airtight way. It's risky, though. You could conduct a stickup. In New Jersey, home invasion is punishable only if you are apprehended. With that choice, however, the obtaining of the jersey likely precedes manacles and peradventure the very awkward situation of possibly having to hold the object of your search captive.

I'd try a source like Eastbay and see if they offer the custom jersey option.

juise
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
After he was drafted

Late-breaking news (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Zoubek#Professional)! :p

Good luck with the hunt. You might be able to find a custom jersey maker somewhere, but I think it's pretty unlikely that Nike will release a jersey like they did with some other Duke greats.

moonpie23
01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
track down his email and write to him directly.....

El_Diablo
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
As others have just said, there are no official Zoubek jerseys for sale, and likely never will be. Thus, you have to get one from him (very unlikely) or improvise, either by buying a knockoff (of mediocre quality and appearance) or altering an official one (difficult but possible).

For the last option, you can buy a Singler or Smith twill jersey and go to a tailor/seamstress. Get the sewn-on numbers removed. Then find a couple 5's (using the size and style of the discarded numbers for an accurate comparison) and get them sewn on. If you want, get the name sewn on too. Then you've got the closest thing to a full-blown Zoubek jersey, complete with the gothic watermark design and superior quality of the real jerseys (although it will end up costing a little more than a Singler or Smith jersey, obviously).

strawbs
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
just saw on the beards facebook account that he had back surgery?

"Hey Everybody, sorry been out of the loop a bit... just had back surgery but ill be back playing soon. Just joined Twitter you can follow my progress back into basketball @Zoubeard"

Anyone have any info on this? What did the big guy do to his back?

Devilsfan
01-10-2011, 09:17 PM
I think he came back to Durham for a while to continue his training for a possible return to basketball.

Starter
01-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't actually think removing the letters would have good results, as it would leave number-shaped stitch marks even after the numbers were removed. If you could locate a blank Duke jersey -- i.e. no number -- I have a guy who does pretty professional work that I could refer you to. By that I mean, he does the jerseys for the Dallas Cowboys. He's out of Texas, hand-cuts everything and I've been very satisfied with the jerseys I've had him customize. But I'm not entirely sure finding a numberless Duke swingman jersey is any easier than finding a Zoubek itself. Just throwing it out there.

stillcrazie
01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
http://twitter.com/Zoubeard#