PDA

View Full Version : Singler Haircut

Chris Randolph
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Just read on Twitter that Kyle has got a new haircut and it will be unveiled tonight. Any guesses/thoughts as to what it may be? I'm guessing a fro-hawk...... Or not :) Shaved head is my best guess

DukeGirl4ever
01-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Just read on Twitter that Kyle has got a new haircut and it will be unveiled tonight. Any guesses/thoughts as to what it may be? I'm guessing a fro-hawk...... Or not :) Shaved head is my best guess

Who's twitter? I follow a lot of the guys, including Kyle, and I didn't see that anywhere.
But, I'm intrigued to see this new haircut.

Kyle would definitely be BA with a hawk!

jimrowe0
01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Who's twitter? I follow a lot of the guys, including Kyle, and I didn't see that anywhere.
But, I'm intrigued to see this new haircut.

Kyle would definitely be BA with a hawk!

I was posted by Jose one of the trainers

@BestCutManInMBB posted that Kyle would reveal his new haircut

coldriver10
01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
With this much fanfare, I'm going to guess...

Flat Top

And it shall be amazing.

sagegrouse
01-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Seriously, he has had the worst haircuts of any Duke player I can ever remember, although a little better recently. Ms. Sage Grouse pointed out that his hair is really thin, and his prospects for a dashing "do" are poor.

So, we'll see.

Sagegrouse

Indoor66
01-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Seriously, he has had the worst haircuts of any Duke player I can ever remember, although a little better recently. Ms. Sage Grouse pointed out that his hair is really thin, and his prospects for a dashing "do" are poor.

So, we'll see.

Sagegrouse

I have always felt that Kyle felt the way to save money while growing up was to not get haircuts but once per year. Maybe this will look better than the grown out look.

DukeGirl4ever
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Awe, I love Kyle and his crazy hair!

I have always thought that Kyle has more important things to worry about than getting his hair cut (or combed sometimes - haha), and therefore doesn't bother.

I think he has that same viewpoint of shaving....boy always has a bit of scruff on his chin!

NovaScotian
01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
high top fade a la kid n play

DukeBlueHeart4
01-09-2011, 05:21 PM
high top fade a la kid n play

haha That would be awesome! I think the MD players would be so stunned they would be even less effective in stopping him!

Though I like the idea of a mohawk...or a faux hawk...though those seem to be more popular with the high school crown (at least in my experience).

CameronBornAndBred
01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Kyle can't get a haircut, we'll never know if he's sweating!

diveonthefloor
01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Buzz cut with the Duke "D" shaved in relief into the buzz cut!

DukeGirl4ever
01-09-2011, 05:46 PM
haha That would be awesome! I think the MD players would be so stunned they would be even less effective in stopping him!

Though I like the idea of a mohawk...or a faux hawk...though those seem to be more popular with the high school crown (at least in my experience).

Nothing could look worse that Vasquez's haircut last year for the Duke game at Maryland....and his facial hair looked like he skinned a cat and glued it on his face!

I have searched for a picture of that disaster and have yet to find one.

JasonEvans
01-09-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm hoping for the bad perm, a-la Phil Spector.

http://www.p2uregaine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/perm.jpg

--Jason "ok, seriously-- my money is on the Beckham Faux Hawk" Evans

http://www.lookbookfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/beckham.jpg

Bob Green
01-09-2011, 05:54 PM
...who cares what kind of hairdo he has? :D As long as Singler knocks down the 3-Ball, hits the pull-up jumper off the curl, and pounds the glass with abandon, I'll be a happy camper! Oh yeah, he needs to play defense, dive on the floor and steal a couple of passes. :cool:

DukeGirl4ever
01-09-2011, 05:56 PM
...who cares what kind of hairdo he has? :D As long as Singler knocks down the 3-Ball, hits the pull-up jumper off the curl, and pounds the glass with abandon, I'll be a happy camper! Oh yeah, he needs to play defense, dive on the floor and steal a couple of passes. :cool:

True that...but I can't help but remember what effect THE BEARD had on our boys last year! :)

I'm still waiting to see Miles with it this year.

DukeBlueHeart4
01-09-2011, 06:02 PM
True that...but I can't help but remember what effect THE BEARD had on our boys last year! :
I'm still waiting to see Miles with it this year.

Miles is on his way to earning the beard. I know he was rocking at least the shadow of beard months ago...I wonder why he got rid of it.

Jason, I sincerely hope Kyle doesn't even dream of perming his hair a la Phil Spektor. I'm afraid we would have a bald Singler on our hands! He appears to have very fine hair and those chemicals would kill it! (Yes, I know it was a joke to even suggest he would do that. lol)

Mike Corey
01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Kyle Singler's hair has long drawn comparisons to Christian Laettner's.

magjayran
01-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Kyle Singler's hair has long drawn comparisons to Christian Laettner's.

Kyle's hair is remarkable in its own right and should be judged on its own merits.

Lord Ash
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Kyle's hair is remarkable in its own right and should be judged on its own merits.

But will it get hung in the rafters?

Indoor66
01-09-2011, 07:35 PM

Other than the above, what do you want out of Singler? ;)

DukeBlueHeart4
01-09-2011, 07:36 PM
But will it get hung in the rafters?

Of course! Right along with his jersey. :D

BlueHeaven
01-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I love it. It suits him.

DukeBlueHeart4
01-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Agreed. It suits him. :D

davekay1971
01-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Thumbs up from my wife, who's Kyle crush continues unabashed...

My sister-in-law prefers both Plumlees.

This is what I'm dealing with when I'm sweating through another close game against Maryland :)

mkline09
01-10-2011, 07:01 AM
I always get worried when players get haircuts mid season. Call it an irrational fear after reading stories of Sampson and Delila as a kid, or simply a stupid superstition. I got nervous before last night's game when I saw it and the way Duke, not neccessarily Singler, played early had me wonder if it was the hair.

Then they won and I thought ehh, I liked it better longer.

bluepenguin
01-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Kyle can't get a haircut, we'll never know if he's sweating!His end of game interview pretty much shot that down! Looked like he was showering the interviewer.

bluepenguin
01-10-2011, 07:13 AM
True that...but I can't help but remember what effect THE BEARD had on our boys last year! :)
well, i think it was pretty obvious last night that his new 'do did not have the same effect as the beard.

PADukeMom
01-10-2011, 10:48 AM
I always get worried when players get haircuts mid season. Call it an irrational fear after reading stories of Sampson and Delila as a kid, or simply a stupid superstition. I got nervous before last night's game when I saw it and the way Duke, not neccessarily Singler, played early had me wonder if it was the hair.

Then they won and I thought ehh, I liked it better longer.

I'm the same way. That is why I can't get Nolan's jersey until after the season. I am fine until the ACC starts & then no changes permitted.

IIRC Kyle did cut his hair during the season last year I believe during ACC play & I do believe eberything turned out just fine:D

mkline09
01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm the same way. That is why I can't get Nolan's jersey until after the season. I am fine until the ACC starts & then no changes permitted.

IIRC Kyle did cut his hair during the season last year I believe during ACC play & I do believe eberything turned out just fine:D

Yeah but I'm the kind of guy that if I wear a particular shirt and Duke loses I will never wear that shirt again. I'm that bad. So when things are going well I hate to mess with anything even the hair of one of the best players.

DrChainsaw
01-10-2011, 01:25 PM
I love it. It suits him.

So, am I the only one who thought "Opie"?

Lar77
01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
So, am I the only one who thought "Opie"?

I remember Jay Bilas last year said something like playing Singler one-on-one was like getting beat by Opie.

DukeGirl4ever
01-10-2011, 05:34 PM
well, i think it was pretty obvious last night that his new 'do did not have the same effect as the beard.

It may not have had the same effect on the TEAM as the beard, but boy did it keep my attention! :p
HA! I'm with davekay1971's wife....I am in the Kyle Singler fan club in many aspects!
(And my poor husband has had to deal with my Duke crushes since we met in 1996.)

I thought Kyle played to his strengths last night. Yes, he can shoot the 3, but he attacked the basket, got fouled, was the typical "Man of Steel". Maybe the new do had something to do with that (yes, I'm joking).

-bdbd
01-10-2011, 06:41 PM

I like the haircut. Have seen some other fan sights making fun of "the shag."

-bdbd
01-10-2011, 06:43 PM
His end of game interview pretty much shot that down! Looked like he was showering the interviewer.

True dat! I thought she actually took a half step back at one point to get out from under the "spray!"

BTW, Kyle in an interview really comes across as a bright, likable kid.